Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I've had this problem for a while. Searched but couldn't find anything.

Sprint FrankenPre 2 - webOS 2.1.0

On an almost daily basis, my device menu will randomly fail to appear when I pull down (or tap) on the top right of my phone. If I tap anywhere on the screen after I try and pull it down, the phone won't respond, like it's thinking that the menu is actually there. I tap again and can interact with the phone as normal. Once the device menu has disappeared the only way of getting it back is by Luna/full restarting the phone.

I do have the Device Menu Megamix patch applied, but I tried uninstalling it and running it for a day to see if that was the culprit. Unfortunately I ran into the same problem. My other patches installed are as follows:

1. Ad Block
    2. Ctrl and Enter for New Line
    3. Device Menu Megamix
    4. Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    5. Muffle System Logging
    6. No Auto Refresh After Idle
    7. Remove Dropped Packet Logging
    8. Remove Tap Ripple
    9. Timestamps Clean
    10. Unthrottle Download Manager
    11. Viceo Downloads
    12. WhitePages Call Log Phone Lookup

I am also over clocked using UberKernel and running Screenstate3 1100 in Govnah, but this was happening well before I did any over clocking.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Megazac; 09/19/2011 at 03:24 PM.
    been having this problem since day one with 2.1 on both my Pre+ and now Pre 2. So far I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem, and I've sorta just chalked it up to another bug in webOS.
    I had that problem, I don't know what it was but a reboot fixed it.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    same symptoms. I can't explain them either. Just a quick reboot and back to normal. Hopefully someone can shed some light on the issue
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Even if this post is 2 years old, I have the same problem, only that a reboot doesn't solve the problem. I have the webos 1.4.5 and I've tried almost everything and didn't solve the problem.
    I've had a similar problem on my Pre2 which I attributed to an intermittent problem with wife not working. My device menu (in fact none of the top bar menus) would come up (or drop down), but the rest of the screen would still be responsive to touch. I have a thread on this under Pre2 forum.
    I had this as well with the Advanced patches, when it turned out I forgot to install some of the "Advanced Framework" patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    intermittent problem with wife not working
    Care to explain? :-D
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Care to explain? :-D
    Look...it's complicated...and I'm not sure if this is the right forum to discuss martial issues! Cause if my wifi finds out I've been discussing things beside her back, she's liberal to give me a roundhouse kick to the head.

Drat that autocorrect! I was sure I went back and changed that to wifi...Freudian?

Maybe my problems were related to not having the Advanced framework set up properly. I think I'll go back and revisit setting up the tweaks properly... It may not solve my marital, I mean wifi problems, but perhaps it will prevent the inactice top menu issues.

EDIT: Again I spoke to soon...my top bar menu does not activate now. I removed tweaks and all patches related to the top bar several days ago. So, advanced framework is not the answer...back to square 1...or more appropriately, square none.
    Last edited by Rockbeast; 08/22/2012 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Unresponsive top menu issue came back
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    FYI, I have the same problem with my Pre 3 running 2.2.4. Everything works except the right drop down menu which means I have to go to the launcher to open wifi, bluetooth, etc.

I'll keep an eye out here for a possible fix.
    BUMP

In my case, the WiFi element in the (superb) device menu has dissapeared, since the day I told Mode Switcher to set WiFi off in the default mode. Now I'm forced to go to the WiFi settings app tu enable WiFi, very inconvenient. I've told Mode Switcher to not set WiFi at all in default mode, and even disabled ModeSwitcher. But it's no use: It seems the WiFi element in the device menu is lost forever.
    Pre 3 on GSM Jazztel: UberKernel, Muffle logging & friends, Mode Switcher, Advanced System Menus & Prefs, and then some more.

Proudly choosing the loser side since 1982: Commodore VIC-20, C-64, Amiga 1000 & 3000, bPlan Pegasos & MorphOS, Psion Revo, Palm Pre...