1.    #1  
    I've been having trouble with the WebOS Doctor on my Franken Pre2 conversion. Everything seems to go well up to the 12% Novaterm access stage, then the Doctor stops with errors. I'm using Ubuntu 11.04, Sprint Pre-, Verizon Pre2. Here is the beginning of the errors that are listed in the Terminal window:

Sep 18, 2011 6:08:31 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed

<ERROR> CPU-specific initialization failed
    Sep 18, 2011 6:08:31 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: Broken pipe

Anyone have suggestions? I've been through the Sprint Pre 2 Wiki steps about 5 times and redone the comm board swap twice. I'm out of ideas. Thanks.
    Alright. I googled around and here is what I found.

There is a pastebin of a similar error here: [Bash] <INFO> Running "lvm.static vgchange -an --ignorelockingfailure store 2> /dev/nul - Pastebin.com

That sends me to here: http://infobot.rikers.org/%23webos-i...110404.html.gz
    (#webos-internals chat log)

Chat log recommends trying this: How To Recover - WebOS Internals

If that is unsuccessful, then head on over to the #webos-internals chat room. Make sure you have plenty of details and error logs in pastebin instead of saying "duhhh the phone doesn't doctor..." You seem to be on the right track by pasting those two errors though.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks - the pastebin you linked is almost exactly the same list of errors and warnings that I've been getting. I'm using the "How To Recover - WebOS Internals" info that you suggested...says to "memboot the device using the installer uImage (extracted from your webOS Doctor jar)". Being a Linux nube, my next task is to learn how to perform the .jar extraction and memboot. At least I've got a direction to head now! I'll post my progress.
    Jar acts as a executable archive so just open it as an archive just like a zip instead of executing it.

This happened to me a couple days ago after my conversion. It's likely your cable is not perfect. I moved mine around a bit and on the 3rd or 4th attempt at doctoring it made it past 12% and completed successfully.
  6.    #6  
    tobias - I tried re-doctoring using a brand-new never-used cable, but that did not fix the problem, still got stuck at 12%. So, I went ahead with Abyssul's suggestion to follow the "How To Recover - WebOS Internals" process for "Doctor disconnects at 8%", then re-doctored again with the Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2 .jar...IT WORKED!!

Thanks Abyssul! Since I was stuck at 12%, I didn't think that the 8% problem described in the wiki would apply to my situation, but the pastebin that you pointed me to said otherwise. So glad to have folks like you and all the other WebOS geeks to support this great platform.

Now it's time for me to make a donation to WebOS Internals and purchase the Preware Homebrew Documentation app! (and enjoy my new FrankenPre2 on Sprint)
    Enjoy my good friend. Glad we could get this problem fixed.

My brother's Sprint Pre 2 also had this issue. He mailed it to me and I fixed it thanks to this thread.