Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    I have a question. I just did a sprint pre to sprint franken pre2 comm board swap. I forgot to do the backup sprint prl procedure. Do i need to go back to 1.4.5 doctor to get the prl? Seems like post 399 is just getting a current prl list but does it allow for future updates to the prl automatically? How can someone get all the future prl updates from sprint on a sprint franken pre2 if i forgot to backup my webos 1.4.5 prl. I am running sprint pre2 ver 2.2.4 with prl 60683. Also is there a update function on the pre2 webos 2.2.4 to update the prl?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    *sigh*

Well if you read through the thread there are people who have confirmed this working on their sprint pre2's. Basically just do the procedure on your sprint pre2 as is and your prl will be updated and will get the latest prl updates here.

Quick Summary: There is no way for a frakenpre 2 to automatically update its prl. And you do not need to go back to 1.4.5 or back up your old prl. Just come here grab the latest prl. I keep the thread updated and with info and run the commands and keep your prl updated yourself.
    I live in Southern California, debating on 11115 and 60683...anyone from out here that has tried both care to share which one they thought was better?

Update.....i used 11115, I'll post if i find any negative issues or HUGE improvements over 60677.
    Last edited by Hernie; 01/10/2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Yha Hernie im east coast lol so cant be of any help but check out the batonrouge link. Or check sprints coverage for your area and compare it to verizons.
    My wifes pre- updated PRL to 60685 today. I am on 60681 still on my frankenpre 2. Anyone locate 60685 to download yet? I was gonna update mine. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    My wifes pre- updated PRL to 60685 today. I am on 60681 still on my frankenpre 2. Anyone locate 60685 to download yet? I was gonna update mine. Thanks!
    Available 2nd post of this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1521343
    Any chance someone can upload 60690?

I found it!
    Sprint_60690.zip
    Last edited by shock_terminal; 08/03/2012 at 10:21 AM.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    My prl says 60680. Can someone please tell me if and why I have to update it? I'm using a Sprintified Palm Pre2. Everything seems good, but I remembered that I can't update it after the transformation.
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    My prl says 60680. Can someone please tell me if and why I have to update it? I'm using a Sprintified Palm Pre2. Everything seems good, but I remembered that I can't update it after the transformation.
    Best way to understand what the PRL does and why it is good to update it is to read this first post in this thread over at XDA.

@shock_terminal thanks for the newest file. I hadn't updated my PRL in so long it was still at 60671.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    I have 60680 and am in the midwest should i update if so which one should i pick?
    Quote Originally Posted by pchrist View Post
    I have 60680 and am in the midwest should i update if so which one should i pick?
    The PRLs are nationwide so they should work regardless of your location, and generally you want to stay with the same series your service contract is part of, with the 60xxx series being a general consumer PRL. (I forget what the official terminology is) The 60690 PRL included above appears to be the latest and it works for me here in Louisville, KY.

People have had luck installing corporate and other PRLs (000xx, 11xxx & 12xxx) even when they have consumer contracts, but apparently some of the non-consumer PRLs can result in higher than normal roaming usage and result in nasty service termination letters.
    It's probably best just to stick with the consumer PRL.
    I'm mid-west too (Chicago) and just installed 60690. Everything works fine and it is listed as being the most recent version for Sprint.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Got mine updated to 60690 as well!!! Hope it improves the signal now.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i am getting a no internet connection now on my phone???

Any ideas on that. It says i have a 3g connection? worked fine before prl update
    Did you restart the phone? You need to do this after a PRL update.

Also, make sure data roaming is enabled. It seems like I've seen this get reset before. Probably not your problem since you have a 3G icon showing up, but worth double-checking anyway.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    my phone died so it got restarted that way.

But just restarted and it worked duh me!!!
    anyone on Sprint that can tell us the latest PRL? I currently have 60690. Just checking since I can't check with my pre 2 on Sprint.
    It looks like you are a little behind. Sprint 60690 was back from 07/30/2012.

The newest Sprint PRL should be 25013 - released 3/30/2013

The best site to check for Sprint PRL's and changelog info is (and don't let the name fool you - it's for the whole US) BatonRougeBroadband.Info - Home

As far as obtaining the newest PRL file, you can Google it, or XDA has a thread for them.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    can we go from a 60XXX to a 25xxx? I see my city is listed in the prl?
    Yes, those are just numbers and that website is the most accurate list of current and past PRL's. Even though it seems like a "lower" number, that version is the most current.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast