Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Just noticed that on ebay, the Pre 2 prices are increasing fairly rapidly. I wonder if this is because all those that got in on the fire sale are depleting their stocks and have no more to sell or if just the increased demand due to people discovering how good WebOs can be.

Either way, if you are on the fence about getting one, better make up your mind fairly soon as prices have steadily increased from about $125 a few weeks ago for one new in box to around $175 and up.

Just a heads up.
    Last edited by derek533; 09/18/2011 at 04:52 PM.
    Yup I tweeted this last night. I think it has to do with the cancellation of some of those Pre2 orders from HP. Then again I missed out on at least 2 that went for 20 less than I paid last friday.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    glad I snatched mine for 130 exactly a week ago. , Anybody know what verizon stores did with there stock?
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Anybody know what verizon stores did with there stock?
    Verizon is still selling the Pre2 online for $49.99 with 2 year contract
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    Verizon is still selling the Pre2 online for $49.99 with 2 year contract
    Yep and $399 off contract.

I tried before I bought mine on ebay to sweet talk them but they wouldn't budge.
    Thanks, derek, for the heads up. This thread led me to look into this more and...

FWIW: Here's what I just posted in another thread:

I just pulled the trigger and did the "Buy Now" deal on ebay for the unlocked GSM version. The last auction ended at $170 plus shipping, I believe, and ebay's trend graph showed that prices have been climbing. I paid $180 including charger and case with free shipping, so I guess that's not too bad.

Time will tell, but meanwhile, I'm closer to finally upgrading my launch Sprint Pre and my life of addiction to webOS (besides my Touchpad, that is! ).
    I managed to snag my old one for 150, then it broke. My new one cost around 250.
    I got one for $127 last Thurs! Basically brand new.
    I looked on eBay tonight... one seller had "more than 10" brand-new available in his listing and one had sold. I refreshed the page a few minutes later and another had sold. Then, a few hours later a third had sold, and this time the page reflected a $20 bump in price.

When we could easily buy these, we were all content to upgrade when it was most convenient or maybe when the Pre 3 came out ... Now that we know supply is limited, oh how we want them!
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Once the supply is really low I wont be surprised if they go up to $250.00.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    still got my verizon one to sell guys i paid i60 and i wouldnt mind selling it cheaper on here
    I also have an extra unlocked one that finally came from HP, looking to recoup the $150 I paid for mine on eBay...
    Can't be worse than the fabled AT&T Pre 3.

Started out 599, a few hours later 699 and checked yesterday 749 for a Touchstone with a free AT&T Pre 3.
    I paid $169 with ship for a NIB sealed Pre 2 on ebay. Arrived yesterday. I saw nothing cheaper than this listed.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    verizon is still selling the pre2 online for $49.99 with 2 year contract
    update: 4.99
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    I got mine about 6 weeks ago for 140 from Ebuyer. They went out of stock about 2 weeks ago. They now have around 60+ in stock for -

340!
    Quote Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
    update: 4.99
    Wow that's cheap! I kind of want a backup just in case mine breaks lol, but I was able to get mine about 2 weeks ago for $153.88. Couldn't be more happier with it!
    Might be a good time to see my Pre 2 lol
    I am, therefore I think
    24.99 from verizon now problem is that then you lose the mobile hotspot for free lol
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    24.99 from verizon now problem is that then you lose the mobile hotspot for free lol
    Free Tether is still free in Preware.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast