Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    Have had pre 2 for about 10 days now and have been using it with my sim swapped out from iPhone 4. Everything works well on my pre 2, but noticed that the storage info doesn't seem to change. When I initially checked it from day 1 it read 14.7gb remaining from total of 16g. Thought it strange that even with all included apps, only 30mbs used. Since then, I've installed a bunch of patches and various apps, but device info page still shows 14.7 gb remaining. Please advise.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Similar thing happened with my Pre Plus. However, when I loaded media content and 3D games, the size available decreased. I believe that simpler apps and patches require little memory since when I download apps on the device from the App Catalog and Preware, it downloads almost instantaneously and my internet connection is not fast at all. However, I only have a Pre Plus and I could be wrong. If anyone has any input, please feel free to share. Thanks.
    apps and patches go into a separate partition already carved out of your 16gb of storage. The storage shown in device info is the media storage used for photos, stuff you download, and media you transfer from a computer in USB mode.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    So then there is a limit to the number (or size) of apps that can be installed? By the way, when I install memory hogging games, the memory available does decrease.
    Patches add (and sometimes even remove) very very little bits of bytes usually. Apps contribute to the 14.7GB number and you mostly likely will only see it go down with multiple media intensive apps or games. Most apps only take up 1-5 MB.

There is no limit to the number of apps you can download and install except for the amount of space on your USB drive. There used to be a limit back in 1.3.0, but Palm fixed that.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    sorry if my answer was wrong, perhaps I was thinking of the 1.3.0 situation as described by Abyssul (though I 'joined' the webos scene at 1.4, perhaps I read enough about it that I thought it was still the case)