Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bckrupps
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I Bought 2 for my palm pre 2. Ran dr battery program and they have a max of 83 and 87 percent. Seller said they were new so my question is do they need to have a few charge cycle to calibrate properly cause my factory one said 100 percent after the first charge or is the seller lying. He had 100 percent positive reviews but i suspect other phones he sells batteries for dont have a program that is that easy to check battery stats on or people dont bother. They were only four dollars each and match my palm battery exactly so they arent knockoffs best i can tell.
    Could be new but older stock that has slightly degraded. Are the batteries all black like the one that came with your Pre?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Yeah identical. There is a candycane colored sticker next to the contacts thats missing from the ones i was sent otherwise identical. I bought them as backups so not all is lost really but i wish they were able to be fully charged. Prolly just older like you said. Thanks alot
    No problem. I would give em a chance to charge for a while too. I no very little about li-on than others around here. But I do there are various things that can change the output of them.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    $3.97 each with free shipping so i figured why not. Fully charged them both. One stayed at 86% health and the other says 99% now so who knows lol. Either way its a 7 dollar guarantee im staying powered up so im happy
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bckrupps View Post
    $3.97 each with free shipping so i figured why not. Fully charged them both. One stayed at 86% health and the other says 99% now so who knows lol. Either way its a 7 dollar guarantee im staying powered up so im happy
    Just FYI, but if you become unhappy with those batteries, return them, or just want more, you can get brand new batteries on Amazon for $3-4. Wanted to make sure you were aware of that, as I think a lot of people aren't.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I was thanks. He is selling on ebay and amazon. Thats how i figured he was legit. Has 100% feedback to so maybe the one was laying around awhile. For the price im cool with it. I figured one good one was worth 10 bucks to me
    Amazon has 2-3 dollar Palm brand batteries.. I have one in my rotation that works well.. Take Care
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Letem charge alittle bit. 1 or 2 charge cycles. But yha I got 2 back up batteries for my pre 2. but I plan on just using them for emergencies. Mode switcher ftw!