View Poll Results: What will you do now that HP is no longer shipping the Pre2?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Red Ain't So Bad: Buy On Contract from Verizon

1 6.67%
  • FrankenPre or Die: I'll Do Whatever It Takes (Retail, Ebay, etc.)

6 40.00%
  • Who Needs a Pre2? I'm Going to Import a Pre3

1 6.67%
  • Fruit Time: iPhone5 Can't Come Soon Enough

4 26.67%
  • Suckers: How Did I Live Before My FrankenPre?

3 20.00%
  1.    #1  
    Many of us were planning to FrankenPre a firesale Pre2 to keep the WebOS experience alive. With HP cancelling outstanding orders for the Pre2, what is your next move?
    I voted to go to Vz.. they really are okay. It's a good deal when you buy it on contract price.

iPhones are alright too. You will be certain to have a continuation of that line of devices.

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

You could always grab one off of ebay. They are going for 100-150. Not much more than the firesale price and you can stay with WebOS without using your upgrade..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    You could always grab one off of ebay. They are going for 100-150. Not much more than the firesale price and you can stay with WebOS without using your upgrade..
    Couldn't agree more.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Agreed. Not worth blowing the upgrade discount for a phone that can be had for $150 new anyway. On the other hand, if you aren't going to use the upgrade in the near future you might as well get *something* even if only to sell it. Verizon does not give you a discount when you aren't having them subsidize a phone and the do not let you accumulate upgrade credit. I wasted one upgrade cycle when I had a Treo 650 because they just didn't have anything that I wanted to swap to until the Pre+ became available. I should have gotten something anyway and just sold it.
    Well I'm with Sprint, since I'm unable to get a decently priced Pre2, TP, or anything new with webOS for that matter I'll probably have to make the jump. Very unfortunate, but with the way things have played out and so many original Pre owners being shafted what else is there to do? I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping I'll stumble across a new device, but we'll see.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...