Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    So I just comboard swapped my pre to a pre2 both fully charged. now when im trying to doctor. It only comes on when I stick a usb cable in it and has a white outlined battery with a question mark. Ive tryed with the battery in out. holding down up vilume switch for reset. idk nothin. and ive tryed a different battery and resetting it. (((((
    Last edited by giggles; 09/16/2011 at 07:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Don't Panic.

I haven't done the com swap (yet, thinking about it), but I would carefully work my way backwards if I were you. It sounds like the pre isn't seeing the battery. Perhaps you missed a step while reassembling. I would take the unit apart again and compare what I'm seeing to pictures/video of the process, focusing on the area near the battery connection.

If you still can't get it running, pictures may help someone who knows what they're doing help you out.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    thanks for the advice rouge. Yha... ive been fretting over this dark thing all day and niight im going to bed, ill deal with it in the morning. hopefully it magically works when i get up in the next 3 hours >.> but yha ive tryed restarting multiples ways... jiggling battery putting pressure on it.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I hope it works giggles.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Well, I just took it back apart everything looks fine, put it back together still getting the same symbol. anybody know whats wires connect from the back bezel to the phone itself to supply power?
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Well, I just took it back apart everything looks fine, put it back together still getting the same symbol. anybody know whats wires connect from the back bezel to the phone itself to supply power?
    There's a small metal housing that's covered by the com board sticker, if you're looking at the picture below from webOS internals, it's the piece just under the red arrow where it crosses the corner of the com board.

That piece comes up independently if you just pull on it, it's held in place by adhesive. You might want to check if you may have knocked those connections underneath loose in the swap process. They can be fiddly...

Have you tried using another battery?
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    well i lifted it up everything is snug there. anybody know what the div wire does
    Last edited by giggles; 09/16/2011 at 03:50 PM.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    nvm im good mods close this thread. didnt have comboard ribbon wires fit snugly.
    Last edited by giggles; 10/25/2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    nvm im good mods close this thread. did have comboard ribbon wires fit snugly.
    good! Glad you figured it out!