Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dsol
  1.    #1  
    Mine has shown allocated for weeks . . .

Dear xxx

Thank you for your interest in HPs Palm Pre products. We regret to inform you that we have sold out of our existing stock and will not be receiving more inventory; therefore, we are unable to process your existing order #3062xxxx.

You do not need to do anything. We will cancel your order for you. If you used a credit card for your purchase, no actual charges have been made and any reserve hold to your credit card will be released as soon as the order is cancelled. You will receive a notification as soon as the cancel process is complete.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Your HP Small & Medium Business Team
    I got the same email. Not happy.
    If only they filled the orders in the order they were received.... people that ordered hours and days after me have gotten them filled :-(.
    Just checked my email and got the same message from HP SMB. So frustrating.
    I just got the same email, f... Them! They shouldn't have made us wait. I'm an opening day pre user that will be going to the iphone5 next month since I'm not getting a pre2. I will never buy an HP product again and will make sure noone else does either.
    Just got cancellation email as well. Does anyone at HP know how to count?
    Same here, order never on BO status since 08/22 and was told on the phone I would get it.
    Last edited by Jonnie; 09/15/2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Date error.
    mine got cancelled too, I am thinking about going Mango
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Me too...now I'm left wondering what to do next. If only my Pre Plus wasn't going on the fritz....
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Are these the unlocked models or the Verizon models?
    Mine was Verizon.
    Verizon
    New Pre2's go for $150 on eBay for both versions. Not a bad deal for an off contract phone.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I agree with the post above. Pick one up for $150, if you are coming from a plus or minus you will be very happy. I am very happy with mine and I paid $150 for it, which is still a great price for a contract free unlocked killer smart phone.

We all know that HP royally screwed up and we can't change that but if you weren't expecting this phone for $50 you would be thrilled at $150. The extra $100 in the grand scheme of things will be no big deal. And in the US I really believe it is a better option than the Pre 3 because it has more effective RAM (separate modem chip unlike Pre 3), 16 vs 8 gig and full 3G functionality. If there was a 16 gig pre 3 that worked on 850 MHz band I would be willing to pay a lot for it because I would use it daily and really enjoy it, but for me the very real chance it will fall back to 2G edge service is unacceptable to me (slightly off topic)

Lastly, if you are ticked off at HP you won't be helping them anyway because this item is being bought from another party.

All of you do yourselves a favor and get the pre 2!
    Last edited by Dsol; 09/17/2011 at 09:49 AM.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Jonnie likes this.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    @Dsol. Would you consider getting a Pre 2 as backup for a brand new Pre Pus? I know I won't have Pre 3 money so I wouldn't even look at it. By the way, the prices are going up with time. They used to go for $130 with some accessories, then ~$150 and now almost $200 for the unlocked device. So it seems as though we have to be quick. :/
    I bought one off of ebay when I thought my HP order was going to be cancelled. Paid $140 plush $10 shipping. I eventually received my order from HP, so I have an extra GSM pre 2 sitting around if someone wants it. Just trying to get the amount I spent on my ebay Pre 2. PM me if interested.
    Personally, I would just use the Pre 2 as a primary and keep the Plus as a spare. As far as price on the new one that is really a bummer at $200, and although I can't be sure I bet they come back down again pretty quickly. I know there is demand within this community and sellers are likely taking advantage of that, but my gut is that everyday they get older and the average guy will likely get something else. Of course, I could be wrong so don't hold me to this.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonb View Post
    @Dsol. Would you consider getting a Pre 2 as backup for a brand new Pre Pus? I know I won't have Pre 3 money so I wouldn't even look at it. By the way, the prices are going up with time. They used to go for $130 with some accessories, then ~$150 and now almost $200 for the unlocked device. So it seems as though we have to be quick. :/