1.    #1  
    Hi,

I know this has been covered in other threads but I can't seem to get it to work in webOS 2.1:

On my Pre, in Contacts I could add a pause by inserting a "p" after my phone # & before the extension # I wanted to dial. Then, when I dialed, a grey bar would appear which, when pressed, would dial the extension.

But I've got a Pre2 now & I can't seem to get it to work. Every time I add a "p" then my extension, when I hit Done, a space is added before the "p" and the extension bar doesn't appear when I dial. Am I doing something wrong or is something different in webOS 2.1 ?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Now you just sit there ands wait, in 2.1 it does it automatic you no longer have to click on the number for it to start dialing, it doesnt even show up anymore.
  3.    #3  
    Really? But isn't that a timed pause? So, you can't insert a hard pause anymore?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Not exaclty sure what you mean but you still use the p as before.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, thanks. In 1.4.5 you could insert a "t" which would automatically dial the extension in 2 seconds, or a "p" which would prompt you to hit a grey bar, dialling the extension.

Anyway, I'll try it out as you suggest - Cheers.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Here is another thread about this topic. In short Pause characters for a GSM model Pre are p (2 sec) and w (hard wait), for cdma t and p. It works on my GSM pre 2.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Here is another thread about this topic. In short Pause characters for a GSM model Pre are p (2 sec) and w (hard wait), for cdma t and p. It works on my GSM pre 2.
    Hey, thanks. That works a treat.

Cheers !

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Also from my understaning you can put a p repeatably for the amount of seconds you want it to pause before dialing.