I am having an issue using stereo bluetooth headsets on my Palm Pre2, and I was wondering if anyone else was having the same issue.

I have a Motorola S9-HD headset that I used for a couple of years with my Pre-. I never had any issues with it whenever I made phone calls. However, since I have started using it with my Pre2, the voice of the other person coming through the speakers gets cut off, usually that first syllable that someone speaks to me is what is cut off.

It works fine to listen to music using the headset, and the person on the phone call hears my voice with no issues. I thought it might be a problem with the particular bluetooth headset that I have, so I borrowed a headset from a friend of mine (who also happens to own a Motorola S9-HD headset). Again, I had the same problem.

I then pulled out my old Motorla "mono" bluetooth headset (just one speaker for one ear). With this headset, I do not have the issue. So, I thought maybe it was a compatibility issue with the Motorla S9-HD bluetooth headset.

Desperate to have a stereo bluetooth headset that I could use to make calls, I went out and bought a new headset from a completely different manufacturer -- A Secure Fit from Jay Bird. Unfortunately, I have the same exact issue with this new bluetooth headset.

What it sounds like is happening is when there is a brief silence on the line, it is as if the "speaker" is turning off, and the speaker will not become activated again until the person on the line begins to speak. However, there is some type of delay which causes the first sound they utter to be cut off.

My question is whether or not there is something wrong with my particular headset, or does this have anything to do with the Pre2 design, itself.

As an FYI, the bluetooth in my car works fine, and wired headsets also work with no issue.