Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    P|C does the post count to make sure people aren't spamming the market place, etc.

For a lil less w/ shipping I would consider purchase, but I just got one shipped NIB with some accessories for sub $170. Good luck with your sale!
    Mine is 3 days old. The protective wrapping just fell off. @ 125 I think thats a pretty good deal.. Thanks. If not then it'll make a nice back up phone in case one of my kids looses their droid
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbsix View Post
    Mine is 3 days old. The protective wrapping just fell off. @ 125 I think thats a pretty good deal.. Thanks. If not then it'll make a nice back up phone in case one of my kids looses their droid
    Kind of sad you didn't respond to the fixes suggested in this thread. Makes me feel your OP was not genuine. Anyway, good luck on selling it, I'm sure you will get a lot of buyers and thankfully we won't hear from you complaining. Goodbye and goodluck (not looking for a response from you).
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    Kind of sad you didn't respond to the fixes suggested in this thread. Makes me feel your OP was not genuine. Anyway, good luck on selling it, I'm sure you will get a lot of buyers and thankfully we won't hear from you complaining. Goodbye and goodluck (not looking for a response from you).
    Just for the sake of argument I did take into the suggestions in the responses, but paying 25.00 for a navigation app doesnt make much sense if i have a phone that has the capability for free. I did download RSS reader (thanks!) and it is a cool news reader and what I was looking for, but as i stated not having nav killed it and I didnt want to carry around my DX just to try and get a nav signal.

In truth if i did not have the DX2 then i would have just made due with the pre2, but having what i considered a phone with more app support and the features I wanted it didnt make much sense to stay with the pre2.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i hear ya. Love Palm! Always have since 1996...

Just managed to get my hands on a Pre 2. Wouldn't have been a problem if my tomtom wasn't just stolen a week ago... btw idk y but the directions on that sucked... liked the old tomtom - never failed...

I have installed navit and being a non developer/hacker type found it ok to install but operating it is an infuriatingly involved learning process... The navigator is the deal breaker.

If all else fails I will buy the ndrive. It's $25 one cost and if it works well then worth it bc not data connection dependant. And getting lost with kids is scary.

I will work on this for the time being but WILL keep working on it until I have NO Choice... The market has afforded me options - I won't let big companies boss me around!

Currently looking for a shared grocery app to use with my husbands android... But the big ones don't want to include webOS, so i am going to use the m.cozi online or google tasks... as good? no, but I'm not giving up. Mama may have raised a quitter but I've learned to be a fighter.

So, while I do agree there are a lot of compromises at the moment, I may change in the future but only when the time comes.

There are so many patent fights... lets see who comes out on top... If you ask me the google/motorola may be a game changer and frankly everyone agrees from hp to qualcomm webos is beloved... its down... but not out!!!
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erykah View Post
    i hear ya. Love Palm! Always have since 1996...

Just managed to get my hands on a Pre 2. Wouldn't have been a problem if my tomtom wasn't just stolen a week ago... btw idk y but the directions on that sucked... liked the old tomtom - never failed...

I have installed navit and being a non developer/hacker type found it ok to install but operating it is an infuriatingly involved learning process... The navigator is the deal breaker.

If all else fails I will buy the ndrive. It's $25 one cost and if it works well then worth it bc not data connection dependant. And getting lost with kids is scary.

I will work on this for the time being but WILL keep working on it until I have NO Choice... The market has afforded me options - I won't let big companies boss me around!

Currently looking for a shared grocery app to use with my husbands android... But the big ones don't want to include webOS, so i am going to use the m.cozi online or google tasks... as good? no, but I'm not giving up. Mama may have raised a quitter but I've learned to be a fighter.

So, while I do agree there are a lot of compromises at the moment, I may change in the future but only when the time comes.

There are so many patent fights... lets see who comes out on top... If you ask me the google/motorola may be a game changer and frankly everyone agrees from hp to qualcomm webos is beloved... its down... but not out!!!
    Love your post. Its Day 1 back on my X2 and I just told my wife I missed my palm pre2 lol. Of course she called me crazy! Maybe that 25 bucks for Ndrive aint so bad lol. How do you find the battery life? I thought it was a bit short considering the phone doesnt have a giant screen.. but when i took out the battery I figured thats why battery life sucked. Its literally the size of a book of matches!
    Love your post. Its Day 1 back on my X2 and I just told my wife I missed my palm pre2 lol. Of course she called me crazy! Maybe that 25 bucks for Ndrive aint so bad lol. How do you find the battery life? I thought it was a bit short considering the phone doesnt have a giant screen.. but when i took out the battery I figured thats why battery life sucked. Its literally the size of a book of matches!
    If you do decide to go back to the Pre2, there are some patches that can help increase battery life and also screen brightness (on all mobile devices) is a battery killer. I keep all my devices around 20% and don't have any problems.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If you do decide to go back to the Pre2, there are some patches that can help increase battery life and also screen brightness (on all mobile devices) is a battery killer. I keep all my devices around 20% and don't have any problems.
    Thanks. Im also wondering why when i press numbers on my dial pad it doesnt bring up contacts that match the buttons i pressed. I hear this may be an issue with some patch?
    . Try setting an alternate ring town for an email... oh cant?
    Email app> Preferences and Accounts > Click on the email account you want to set a ringtone for > Alert > Ringtone.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Thanks!

Not crazy about the battery life but I will try that patch. Absolutely thrilled I can view the Pre 2 screen outside! Wish the TP did that...

There are more compromises like I don't like the recessed keyboard and the sound quality is off but that could be the carrier, and t-mobile monthly data plan is FRINKN' FUBAR!!!

But things I absolutely love are the size (although I wuld drop it like the plague for the Pre3-haha), the feel, the quailty... I'm not working so can't justify a real phone plan, so once I left the phone company I worked with I was stuck with low end providers with low end phones... Now I have a flash on a phone for the first time! a mirror and an OS I am proud of...

Idk y but maybe bc I go for the underdog... I never admitted who was my favorite football team was to anyone bc they were so awful... Then things changed and my hubby hates it... I won't say who they are here so we can stick to the phones ;-)

I used to like apple when no one did and people said it was obsolete, a non competitor... I don't like them now for other reasons, but I noticed win8 looks a LOT like webOS.... There's a reason for that...and although it looks like one OS to rule them all...I've got a knack for picking winners :-) so I'll stick with my strategy ... Even if I did need to change... I wuld be back as soon as I culd... N dats the truth!

So much for a quick reply... ;-) Hope ur wife doesn't think ur too crazy... I know my hubby is ready to pounce on the 'I told you so!' ...LOL!
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erykah View Post
    Thanks!

Not crazy about the battery life but I will try that patch. Absolutely thrilled I can view the Pre 2 screen outside! Wish the TP did that...

There are more compromises like I don't like the recessed keyboard and the sound quality is off but that could be the carrier, and t-mobile monthly data plan is FRINKN' FUBAR!!!

But things I absolutely love are the size (although I wuld drop it like the plague for the Pre3-haha), the feel, the quailty... I'm not working so can't justify a real phone plan, so once I left the phone company I worked with I was stuck with low end providers with low end phones... Now I have a flash on a phone for the first time! a mirror and an OS I am proud of...

Idk y but maybe bc I go for the underdog... I never admitted who was my favorite football team was to anyone bc they were so awful... Then things changed and my hubby hates it... I won't say who they are here so we can stick to the phones ;-)

I used to like apple when no one did and people said it was obsolete, a non competitor... I don't like them now for other reasons, but I noticed win8 looks a LOT like webOS.... There's a reason for that...and although it looks like one OS to rule them all...I've got a knack for picking winners :-) so I'll stick with my strategy ... Even if I did need to change... I wuld be back as soon as I culd... N dats the truth!

So much for a quick reply... ;-) Hope ur wife doesn't think ur too crazy... I know my hubby is ready to pounce on the 'I told you so!' ...LOL!
    Same here, i usually root for the underdog and there is just something about when products go mainstream.. something gets lost along the way. I got my touchstone and extra battery in the mail today.. wonder if I should give it another go...
    Just too many compromises involved with owning this phone
    probably just not the phone for you. it's not the phone for me. i needed apps and i wanted a slab and how it multitasks is not important to me. So i decided i didn't want it. Maybe it's just not a good fit. I say know what you like and go for it.
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    Thanks. Im also wondering why when i press numbers on my dial pad it doesnt bring up contacts that match the buttons i pressed. I hear this may be an issue with some patch?
    that's just not the way it's supposed to work AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $if$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $do$ $contact$ $name$ $matching$ $you$ $use$ $the$ $keyboard$. $it$'$s$ $never$ $occurred$ $to$ $me$ $to$ $expect$ $it$ $to$ $do$ $name$ $matching$ $off$ $the$ $dial$ $pad$; $I$'$m$ $not$ $even$ $sure$ $I$'$d$ $like$ $it$ $if$ $it$ $did$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $any$ $patch$ $in$ $preware$ $that$ $would$ $help$ $with$ $that$.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    that's just not the way it's supposed to work AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $if$ $you$ $want$ $to$ $do$ $contact$ $name$ $matching$ $you$ $use$ $the$ $keyboard$. $it$'$s$ $never$ $occurred$ $to$ $me$ $to$ $expect$ $it$ $to$ $do$ $name$ $matching$ $off$ $the$ $dial$ $pad$; $I$'$m$ $not$ $even$ $sure$ $I$'$d$ $like$ $it$ $if$ $it$ $did$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $see$ $any$ $patch$ $in$ $preware$ $that$ $would$ $help$ $with$ $that$.
    It's a feature of Android and fairly useful one at that.

That's the thing, there are trade offs between the two. Android is more of a mini computer with a phone app whereas the Pre 2 is more of a phone/communication device. The Pre2 is just so slick and easy to use whereas the Android phones while powerful, are somewhat clunkier.

I've always thought of it like this:

iOs: Easy to pickup and use if not boring with thousands of apps
    WebOs: Slick, powerful and more interesting than iOs but not even close on apps
    Android: Most powerful of all of them, clunky sometimes, good apps and built in GPS Navi.

Just pick which one you'd think you'd be most happy with. They all have their strong suits.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    dubbsix.. If you are n e thing like me n its sounds like you are ;-) just pick one that fits more of Ur needs.. That may be the droid... Sure u'll hate it but things change... N you can go back... If you are using a sim... Keep it n use for backup or whatever... I just gave my son my life drive to get n2 keeping a schedule and lists.. Whatever you do.. It will be the right thing, not making a decision IS a decision... N it sounds like you have thought it thru so go for it! ;-) live with no regrets...

now know that my oprah moment is ova... Who hoo! Hubby bought me another Tomtom from woot today! Of course $25 app is waaay cheaper but I think i'll keep him... Opps I mean it ;-) haha - lol!
    Having relied on Google maps during some drives through areas of WV and Virginia where data is non-existent, an app that can load maps off-line shows itself to be much more valuable. I don't know if the Android Google Nav can do off-line maps, and whether or not the GPS will continue to properly function, but I have used Mapping Tool Pro and used it through some non-data areas once the GPS was locked-in. The off-line maps made it much easier. nDrive is probably worth it if you want a navigation app that you don't have to worry about having a data connection to continue running.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by falconrap View Post
    Having relied on Google maps during some drives through areas of WV and Virginia where data is non-existent, an app that can load maps off-line shows itself to be much more valuable. I don't know if the Android Google Nav can do off-line maps, and whether or not the GPS will continue to properly function, but I have used Mapping Tool Pro and used it through some non-data areas once the GPS was locked-in. The off-line maps made it much easier. nDrive is probably worth it if you want a navigation app that you don't have to worry about having a data connection to continue running.
    Ndrive sounds like a really good choice, but i was waiting on an update since when i read their review on the app catalog alot of people complained about the UI or on screen keyboard. Anyone actively using NDrive 11?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    in the thread about Navit it seemed like it was the Verizon phones having problems with Ndrive...

interested in reviews too!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    The one im missing the most is google navigation, which I know i can only get on a Droid. There are a few other apps like Fatscret, Wellsfargo Bank, Any good news reader that i just cant seem to find.

And if they arent available now, im guessing they wont be later. As far as the phone I have not listed it yet in the market place but I will do so when i get home tonight. If you are really interested then email me at dubbsix@gmail.com
    I have wells fargo app, sprint navigation, and NewsRoom for my news reader (love it) ... and ahh from what ive googled Fatscret is a calorie counter diet app and Ive seen a good share of those on webOS. Pre2 FTW
    nDrive reviews would be nice. Has anyone bought this thing on a Pre2? Verizon, specifically.

Until then, my garmin nuvi handles navigation just fine when we're driving so no big deal there, and google maps on the Pre2 does great at finding whatever we're looking for.

Pre2 can do everything I need it to, and I'll use mine as long as I can.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Both Navit and MapTool Pro can read offline OSMAP maps on your usb drive.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123