Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    I couldn't find Wells fargo in catalog on my Pre 2 either. Strange, cuz I swear I saw it there a little while ago.
    interesting, yeah I would expect if anything if it works on the Veer it should run on the Pre2 with the same OS rev..!

one more thing I will try is to copy the app from a backup to the pre2 and pre3 and see what happens. I have backups of all my installed apps.
    HP needs to fix that, if it works on Original Pre and Pre+ and Veer, there is no reason for it not to work on Pre2.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    I believe there is a Wellsfargo app for webOS. As for the news reader, there are a lot of nice RSS readers. I don'tk now if that's what you mean or if you meant something for newspapers? I don't know what Fatscret is. There is a navigation app, though it does require purchase where google nav is free so that depends on personal needs/preferences.

I would suggest going back to this post and removing your email form it (as i did in quoting it). It's bad to leave your email on an open forum. Ask people to PM or IM you instead if you'd prefer direct contact.

Did you buy the Pre on contract or via firesale?

If google nav is the only thing you could just mount that Droid X2 and run any data needs through the Pre 2.

Personally, I operate on a Pre+ with an iTouch (given as a gift before I got my first Pre) system. I do whatever I can on my Pre minus music/video and then use the Pre to provide a data connection to my iTouch if I NEED an internet connection and there's no near by WiFi for it. I actually use my iTouch for navigation with a TomTom GPS car mount I found on sale for like $30 one time.

As for mobile banking, my banks either don't have ANY mobile apps/sites or they provide a touch optimized mobile site in addition to their iOS/Android apps, which I prefer because I hate those "placeholder" apps.

got the pre via ebay.. didnt pay a whole lot for it and not dying to sell it. Great I idea about using the D X2 as a GPS unit. I'll try it out today and see if it will work with no data connection. Unfortunately, I think nav relies on phone data for maps.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    wow ndrive looks nice.. but 25 bucks.. :\ I do appreciate everyones help and opinions. I believe most of us wished there was more apps(free)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbsix View Post
    got the pre via ebay.. didnt pay a whole lot for it and not dying to sell it. Great I idea about using the D X2 as a GPS unit. I'll try it out today and see if it will work with no data connection. Unfortunately, I think nav relies on phone data for maps.
    That's part of the problem with google nav, it doesn't have preloaded maps. It just caches your route so you'd need to connect it to the internet every time you wanted to update your route or enter a new one. You could use freeTether on your Pre 2 to do that.
    wow ndrive looks nice.. but 25 bucks.. :\ I do appreciate everyones help and opinions. I believe most of us wished there was more apps(free)
    It's down to 25 right now? That's actually pretty tempting...
    Yeah not sure how long the promo is... was gonna use my app credit, but I couldn't justify it when there is so much more out there I want to grab. Plus the Veer just doesn't have the storage space.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    lmao to both of your posts. but im gonna give it a whack tonight. The wifitethering is sweet and free!
    Try setting an alternate ring town for an email... oh cant?
    There's a patch for that
    Ziplock likes this.
    Well, I just checked the catalog and it doesn't show up for my Pre 2 for Verizon, which is weird, because I have the app on it. Of course, I actually loaded it onto my phone when the final switch over from Wachovia occurred, and I was still on my Pre+, which was just about 3 or so months ago. What's even more odd is that it had an update about a month ago to add Bill Pay on the app. Perhaps there is an issue with the app being improperly listed (i.e. they didn't check the Pre 2 availability box when they put it in the catalog). Perhaps an email to Wells Fargo customer service can quickly correct this.

As for news readers, there are several very good ones, so I don't understand what you are complaining about here, unless you just want the one that was on Android that happens to not be available on webOS.

As to maps, nDrive and Navit are both available. The former is a little pricey, but it loads the maps that you want onto the phone in case you lose your data connection.

Personally, I find all the apps I need. I don't need 1800 fart apps. I don't need 300 rolling ball maze games. Another 300 block breaker games. Nor several hundred solitaires and Mahjongs. And I don't need an app for every website I want to visit. webOS has at least one of the vast majority of different general app types (twitter clients, RSS feads, Podcasts, Facebook, IM's, task managers, converters, notes, list management like shopping lists and others, various media players, et al). The simple reality is that many of us find all the apps we need in the catalog. There are quite a lot. Is there a lot of variety? For some types, like twitter clients, yes...many others...no.

For me, as long as there are quality apps for the functions I want and need, the OS itself simply makes the difference. For many of us, the clunky inconsistent nature of Android is not what we want to deal with. For everyone, it's personal. Everyone has different needs and likes. If you don't like the phone...move on. But if those 3 types of apps are all that are making you give up, then I don't think you are looking hard enough.
    Actually you can without patches. You have to open the accounts and preferences menu then tap the account you want to change the ringtone for. Then select ringtone in the Alert menu and select the ringtone you want. It took me a while to find because it's buried kind of deep.
    Uhh, yes you can! Email, Preferences and Accounts, click on your account, change system sound to ringtone and choose a short ring tone. What's so hard about that?
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    Actually you can without patches. You have to open the accounts and preferences menu then tap the account you want to change the ringtone for. Then select ringtone in the Alert menu and select the ringtone you want. It took me a while to find because it's buried kind of deep.
    Oh yeah I have so many patches I can't even tell what is a patch and what isn't. lol
    Ziplock likes this.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Interesting the OP is comparing a phone released only a couple of months ago against a phone released almost a year ago.....and an OS that has features which are Android only (Google Navigation, for instance) against an OS that has barely had many changes in a year (on smartphones, anyway).

I find that whatever is lacking in the HP Store, is generally made up in the Browser. Horses for courses
    Hobbz likes this.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Doesn't work as I've tried the exact same thing with a Droid X.
    I'm using the Wells Fargo app on my Sprint FrankenPre2. Not sure why it works for me and no one else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I'm using the Wells Fargo app on my Sprint FrankenPre2. Not sure why it works for me and no one else.
    I have Wells Fargo Mobile available in my Pre 2 app catalog.
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Well not enough posts for me to post in the marketplace (lame), but the pre is going up for sale officially. Looking to get about 120 for it.
    Well not enough posts for me to post in the marketplace (lame), but the pre is going up for sale officially. Looking to get about 120 for it.
    P|C does the post count to make sure people aren't spamming the market place, etc.

For a lil less w/ shipping I would consider purchase, but I just got one shipped NIB with some accessories for sub $170. Good luck with your sale!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast