1.    #1  
    So basically I just bought 3 palm phones. I was originally going to do the easy as pie Palm Pre + Comm swap but then I found out that the Pre+ wasn't the Pre 2. I thought it was mistakenly. Anyhow, I really wanted the Pre2 but didn't want to pay $160 and up for it on Ebay so some lady happened to be offering hers on Ebay and I offered $115 and she sold it to me. But now I have 3 palm devices that I have bought in the past few days.

1) a broken palm pre with a clean esn on sprint
    2) a mint verizon pre plus with a clean esn
    3) a nearly verizon mint pre2 with a clean esn.

I plan on doing the comm swap from the pre- to the pre+ then activating. Once I do that I would like to swap from the pre+ to pre2 and sell the other palms back on ebay. My question is what is the best guide for getting a pre2 up and running on the sprint network that details comm swaps and getting the software working properly on the network (sprint nav, tv, etc etc)?? Can anybody help? I guess I could have shortened this post a lot and gotten right down to it but then it would be kind of boring.

Thanks!
    you can go straight from the pre- to the pre2 without touching the preplus.
    make sure you activate your sprint service on the pre- before doing anything.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Sprint_Pre_2

good luck! always start with googling webos-internals. org for any setup questions on the pre,pre2, then go to precentral for additional help
  3.    #3  
    I would do that but the Pre- is broken. So I would have to swap comm boards into the pre+ then activate, then swap again.
    Do you know what is wrong with the Pre-? The first thing I would do is bring your Pre- into the sprint store and ask them to fix it or just straight up activate it. For me, sprint has been awesome in just fixing my webOS devices. If they activate it and they say you have service, you should just be able to do the swap. If they can fix the pre-, have them activate it and do the swap. Honestly though, I would agree with @bluenote and not even deal with the pre+. The most complicated scenario would be selling your pre+ and craigslisting an old, beat up pre- for cheap (make sure the screen and comm board work) and activating that. Heck, you may even make some money that way. Either way, I would try to swap as few times as possible.

If you do end up selling the pre+, keeping your broken pre- and buying a very used pre-, I would practice on the broken pre- before doing the swap just so you know what it is going to be like with the volume buttons and the wires.

If you need anymore advice, let me know! I just did it and ran into many problems but now have a working frankenpre.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Do you know what is wrong with the Pre-? The first thing I would do is bring your Pre- into the sprint store and ask them to fix it or just straight up activate it. For me, sprint has been awesome in just fixing my webOS devices. If they activate it and they say you have service, you should just be able to do the swap. If they can fix the pre-, have them activate it and do the swap. Honestly though, I would agree with @bluenote and not even deal with the pre+. The most complicated scenario would be selling your pre+ and craigslisting an old, beat up pre- for cheap (make sure the screen and comm board work) and activating that. Heck, you may even make some money that way. Either way, I would try to swap as few times as possible.

If you do end up selling the pre+, keeping your broken pre- and buying a very used pre-, I would practice on the broken pre- before doing the swap just so you know what it is going to be like with the volume buttons and the wires.

If you need anymore advice, let me know! I just did it and ran into many problems but now have a working frankenpre.
    What kind of problems did you run into? It is a frankenpre+ or pre2?
    It's a pre2 on sprint. I started before I realized that my pre- needed to be activated which was mistake 1. And the pre- I was using had a broken screen so when I went to activate it I didn't get it all the way activated (had service but no data, so no 'EV' symbol) so when I tried to doctor the pre2 with the new comm board it wouldn't let me sign into my account. When I tried to put the comm board back into the original pre- I had broken one of the connectors so I had to craigslist a new (used) pre-. I bought it from a guy who introduced himself as 'Fast Eddy' (I made sure we met in a VERY public place) which if I needed the phone for anything but the comm board would have been a mistake in itself. I then assembled for what I thought was the final time and my volume band was catching on the slider so I had to disassemble and reassemble before I could finally metadoctor it. Since that I finished though, I have had only one problem with facebook uploading being really inconsistent.

If I had to give advice, I would say do it right the first time. Get a sprint pre- that is working well enough that you can activate it, sell the pre+ instead of having a device with a voided warranty, and get a working metadoctor before you start the disassembling process on your pre-. That is one thing that no one pointed out to me - creating the metadoctor is going to be the step that takes the longest and should be done first so you don't have pieces laying around to get lost or broken.