Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Psychonaut
  • 1 Post By mstrblueskys
  1.    #1  
    Hey! I just made a Sprint Frankenpre and it was not a whole lot of fun (but TOTALLY worth it!). I have the meta-doctor transferred from my Ubuntu to my Windows 7 and I'm wondering if I can just zip it and post it so others could use it. Would people want to use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Hey! I just made a Sprint Frankenpre and it was not a whole lot of fun (but TOTALLY worth it!). I have the meta-doctor transferred from my Ubuntu to my Windows 7 and I'm wondering if I can just zip it and post it so others could use it. Would people want to use it?
    If this were cool, someone would have done it a long time ago. Unfortunately it's redistribution of modified proprietary software. Illegal and against forum policy.

It's OK to distro stuff *to modify the readily available software with* (i.e. Meta-doctor itself), but not the modified software results of running meta-doctor.

Thanks for the thought though!
    OldSkoolVWLover and mjkjr like this.
  3.    #3  
    Ah, got caught in the technicalities - and I figured there may be a reason someone hadn't done this already. Thanks for keeping me legal!
    mjkjr likes this.
    Well that settles that.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I was wondering this myself... Cant wait to run all this thursday. im running on ubuntu anyways.
    does your text messaging work? if so, how did you make your build? could you give me a quick overview, i am pretty sure ive done everything correctly, and my phone and internet works, but text messages do not work.
    My txt didnt work either, but i redoctored and they came back.
    That fixes the problem most the time. Rebuild the metadoctor directory, make clobber, and recompile the metadoctor jar with the script and redoctor the phone.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    yeah, thats what i ended up doing, it took about 5 or 6 times to get everything to work correctly, the only issue i am having now (which is a major one for me) is music will not play through a tape adapter. When i plug it into the headset jack, the phone vibrates twice, and it shows that it is playing but no music is output, the only way to fix is it to actually restart the phone. A lunda restart wont do it. Oddly enough, headphones do not have this same problem, and i have tried 2 different branded tape adapters, it does this in the music app, spotfy and pandora. whats also strange is the ringtone will output out of the car speakers when its plugged in, but afterwards, no sound will come out of the earpiece in a phone call, but the speakerphone will work. And the volume rocker no longer works once i plug it in, and unplug it. A bit strange. Any idea why it might be having this issue with a tape adapter onyl?
    Not a clue on that one. Install a FM aux jack (I could not find a good link for the FM one that works in any car) to your car and mount a touchstone. The touchstone in my car is the main reason why I have sent back a Nexus S twice. Screw sprint btw.