1.    #1  
    Can someone please help. I purchased an unlocked GSM pre2 with intentions of franken pre-ing it to sprint, i could not get it into recovery mode, and meta doctor would not recognize it without it in recovery mode, SO i bought a verizon Pre2 with the same intentions and once again i cant get it into recovery mode, maybe i am missing a step here, can anyone PLEASE help.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    take out battery. Plug in USB. Hold volume up. Put in battery. Power button I no response in a few seconds. Dot let go of vol up till you see USB symbol on screen.
  4.    #4  
    I finally got it, i actually had to restart the device, while it was at the activation screen i had to hold "sym + alt + r" to restart the phone and quickly hold the volume up toggle, nothing else would work. thanks for the help.
    remove battery and hold the x key from palm pre 2 keyboard and insert usb while holding the x key and then insert battery while holding the x key, after battery is inserted unhold the x key immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtkansan View Post
    take out battery. Plug in USB. Hold volume up. Put in battery. Power button I no response in a few seconds. Dot let go of vol up till you see USB symbol on screen.
    When the battery removal method failed - ie. took me to the hp logo and then into the profile setup screen - I used this method and it also worked for me.