Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    EDIT: nm, just found some other mentions that it doesn't work on 2.1.

Mods, feel free to delete or leave this here for others who search

So the short version is I can get the two to pair just fine. The touchpad sees it as a webos phone and the pre2 see the TP as a car. Sms doesn't work and when I try to send one form the TP it tells me to pair a phone. Not sure what else to do :/
    Last edited by lupos; 09/12/2011 at 10:23 AM.
    You can make calls through the TP although apparently there is a really bad echo. I know palm was close to updating it to allow sms sending. If they fixed those 2 problems I would be in heaven.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    SMS has been stated to not occur on TouchPad until software is updated to at least 2.2. Additionally, HP has only committed to support the Veer with software updates (although you never know if webos-internals would find a way to bring it also to Pre2 and I would not be surprised if it did)
    I had the 2 working together for sms, don't do calling, ......... Just pair them as you have and then she it states you need to pair the phone just go to and press connect as it already connected just press the button again as if you were pairing again and when you go back to the messages you will see it has gone, only tried with one sms so not sure if need to do it everytime, regards
    Had live chat with palm about that. The guy said it only works on phones with webos 3. I said there are no phones running that software and they should fix it or remove it from the touchpad. He went on to tell me that phone calling works
    Ok, debating whether to switch to AT&T (from VZ) and purchase a pre3.

Is anyone working on a patch, or app (I assume you would need an app on both the phone and the tablet?) that would enable sms over blue tooth from pre2 to touchpad.

I assume this conversation is on going in the developer forums, but I am surprised how silent the common forums have been on this issue. Is this feasible or has it already been shot down?

if someone is working on it, let us know so that we can support your efforts!
    shameless bump
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    You can make calls through the TP although apparently there is a really bad echo. I know palm was close to updating it to allow sms sending. If they fixed those 2 problems I would be in heaven.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm wasn't close to anything. HP bought them well over a year ago. HP WebOS 2.2 is ready for these devices, carriers are not releasing it though with HP WebOS in limbo and dying slowly.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    if it were really ready and the carriers were the holdup, then the unlocked Pre2's would still get the update pushed out to them. It probably doesn't have 2.2 because HP isn't going to release it for our phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by cntchds View Post
    if it were really ready and the carriers were the holdup, then the unlocked Pre2's would still get the update pushed out to them. It probably doesn't have 2.2 because HP isn't going to release it for our phones.
    I dunno, they have been releasing updates for AT&T Pre3. And software in general is still in development.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    When was the last time the Pre2 got an update? How is it that an unreleased version of a hardly launched phone gets an OTA update before the Pre2? I'm sending an email to HP tonight.
    It'd be a lot easier to get carrier approval on something that isnt nearly as widespread

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    They don't need carrier approval for the unlocked Pre2's. They can just push it out.
    SmartFah likes this.
    I decided to try using the live chat support and ask about this my log is as follows:
    6:19 PM Harvey:
    Hi Steven.
    6:19 PM Harvey:
    Thank you for contacting HP webOS Customer Support. Please give me a moment to review the info you provided.
    6:20 PM Harvey:
    Steven, let me provide you with the information.
    6:21 PM Harvey:
    Generally we can use bluetooth pairing to make and receive calls.
    6:22 PM Harvey:
    We can't send and receive text messages using bluetooth pairing.
    6:23 PM Harvey:
    However, please wait for the next update which gives a fix for your issue.
    6:23 PM Steven Chin:
    Is it update to the Pre 2 or the Touchpad?
    6:24 PM Harvey:
    The update is with the TouchPad.
    6:24 PM Steven Chin:
    Is it supposed to come soon?
    6:25 PM Harvey:
    Yes, I hope so.
    6:25 PM Steven Chin:
    Is the Pre 2 supposed to get any more updates?
    6:26 PM Harvey:
    I'm not sure about the information but if there are any updates you will be notified over the air.
    6:27 PM Harvey:
    Is that okay with you?
    6:27 PM Steven Chin:
    Yes.

So apparently the Touchpad (not the Pre 2) MIGHT get an update to allow this. He didn't seem sure on the update coming either. I hope I get at least one update on each. I've never gotten to install an OTA update because my Pixi Plus came with 1.4.5 (I bought it used), my recently purchased Pre 2 came with 2.1, and my Touchpad came with 3.0.2. I want to experience an OTA update (as lame as that may sound).
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    you could doctor it to an old version, then ota it back. :P
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    So currently the only thing you can share between Pre2 and the TP is the phone calls? (something I find useless)
    Quote Originally Posted by cntchds View Post
    you could doctor it to an old version, then ota it back. :P
    I'll admit, I've been tempted to. I'll wait until I have to doctor again, though.

And, Loiter, those are my thoughts exactly. The only calling I'd do from my Touchpad is Skype (which I have done and it works pretty well).
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    So apparently the Touchpad (not the Pre 2) MIGHT get an update to allow this. He didn't seem sure on the update coming either.
    TouchPad already has the ability to share SMS, it's the Pre2 that needs the update.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you are saying.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    TouchPad already has the ability to share SMS, it's the Pre2 that needs the update.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding what you are saying.
    I was just stating what the live chat representative told me, so take it with a grain of salt. I don't really care which gets the update, as long as I get SMS on my Touchpad from my Pre 2. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    I was just stating what the live chat representative told me, so take it with a grain of salt. I don't really care which gets the update, as long as I get SMS on my Touchpad from my Pre 2. :P
    I was just letting you know, it's not even a grain of salt. We already have confirmation of TouchPad on 3.0.2 working with Pre3's that launched with 2.2.x to share SMS. So if you hear about a TP update coming out, don't get your hopes up.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast