Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    So if you hear about a TP update coming out, don't get your hopes up.
    At this point, all we can really hope for is that the Pre 3 can be examined and maybe we can get a patch/some other solution out of it.

Sucks the most that those with Evo's and such are actually getting this functionality. I would love to be able to have my phone paired, and be able to let it sit on my TS since I basically always have my TouchPad with me wherever I am at home. It's annoying to have to use two devices, when the option has been built in since day one on the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    how does one get the Veer to send and receive SMS through the TP? I have them paired, but then what's next?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbones View Post
    how does one get the Veer to send and receive SMS through the TP? I have them paired, but then what's next?
    It needs an update as well too, If I am not mistaken only the Pre3 can do SMS messaging at this point.
    veer needs same update Pre2 does as said above
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I got this from a rep.

"11:32 AM Connecting...
    11:32 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    11:32 AM Support session established with Lucy.
    11:32 AM Lucy:
    Hi.
    Thank you for contacting HP webOS Customer Support. Please give me a moment to review the info you provided.
    11:35 AM Lucy:
    Thank you for waiting.
    11:36 AM Lucy:
    You can Share sms with pre2 but it needs an update.As of now the update is not available.You can expect it in future."

We can expect it!

EDIT: Also, she said

Lucy:
    Please check the webOS version of your pre2 device.Let me know that.
    11:39 AM ME:
    2.1, currently.
    11:40 AM Lucy:
    As of now the Version 2.2 is not officially released,so you are not able to download it.You can download it in near future.It will be released soon.
    Last edited by drewksparks; 10/13/2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: New Information
    Quote Originally Posted by drewksparks View Post
    I got this from a rep.

"11:32 AM Connecting...
    11:32 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly.
    11:32 AM Support session established with Lucy.
    Hi.
    Thank you for contacting HP webOS Customer Support. Please give me a moment to review the info you provided.
    11:35 AM Lucy:
    Thank you for waiting.
    11:36 AM Lucy:
    You can Share sms with pre2 but it needs an update.As of now the update is not available.You can expect it in future."

We can expect it!

EDIT: Also, she said

Lucy:
    Please check the webOS version of your pre2 device.Let me know that.
    11:39 AM ME:
    2.1, currently.
    11:40 AM Lucy:
    As of now the Version 2.2 is not officially released,so you are not able to download it.You can download it in near future.It will be released soon.
    We've heard that one before... :P Hopefully we get the update, though.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    So 3.0.4 came out today. Anyone seen if texting works now?
    Quote Originally Posted by cntchds View Post
    So 3.0.4 came out today. Anyone seen if texting works now?
    No, phone needs an update.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    No, phone needs an update.
    Ugh. Was so excited to come home and see if maybe they were able to sneak it in on the TouchPad with the 'works with other phones' update.

Terribly disappointing

Still hoping for a homebrew solution though. It's basically the only feature it's missing from being a complete device for me.
    Problem is phones with versions prior to 2.2 don't support the proper BT protocal.
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    Palm Pre 2 update is long overdue.
    it's extremely disappointing that android seems to be the better route to go if you want sms on your touchpad (unless you can and are willing to get your hands on a pre3).

Kind of surprised at how little I've heard about efforts to get this working on a pre2 via homebrew. If there are people making efforts, please let me know, I would like to support!
    Well to get one of the android phones that supports it, you will probably be paying what it costs to get an AT&T Pre3 at this point.
    messages don't sync and only go to TP when devices are currently connected.

I would turn off bluetooth on both devices then attempt to reconnect everything.
    do the 2.2.4 update (non-official) to your pre2, and it will forward all incoming SMS to the touchpad You can also originate SMS on the touchpad, it will be sent out over your phones cell connection. 2.2.4 is not official, but fairly robust. If you are unwilling to do this "doctoring", you are out of luck on sharing SMS. I went to 2.2.4 on my pre2, and I found the feature mostly a PITA after a while. If you turn off notification it is ok.
    2.2.4 is an official release (at least for unlocked GSM) and at some point was released OTA (I had already doctored both our Pre2s by that point).
    If one wants MAP (SMS sharing) on Pre2, PrePlus or Pre look for getbt wiki on webOSInternals, it will take the webOS 2.2.4 Bluetooth stack and allow one to import it in webOS 2.1.0... Also for Veer...
    John you are awesome! You just brought back a reason to use my Veer!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12