1.    #1  
    Ok I torn thru as many threads as I could to convert a Sprint Pre- to a Pre2 using a Verizon Pre2 and still have some questions.

1. When the Webosinternals Wiki states to,
    Step 1: Setting up Meta-Doctor, Webos Doctor Versions,
    Do I run a Sprint Pre 1.4.5, Verizon 1.4.5, Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2, Verizon FrankenPre 2 ??

Since I have both a Sprint phone and a Verizon Pre2 device I'm not sure which.

2. If I've already run the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor in Linux is it correct I'll need to do a,
    git pull
    make clobber
    if infact I need to run a different doctor than the Sprint 1.4.5?

3. After hardware upgrade, is this still the correct script to run,
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0 script

4. From what I've read so far, stopping Backup's at the beginning steps is no longer required. Is this correct?

5. PRL issue is no longer an issue or is it?

6. Prior to running the correct script for #3 above, is there a way in Linux to verify and or test that the Novacom drivers will not be an issue when script runs??

WIll probably be attempting this the upcoming week, any help would be appreciated.
    All the posts have been invaluable but with some upgraders more comfortable it's easy to get sidetracked following several threads.

Thanks for any help in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by bevo_7 View Post
    1. When the Webosinternals Wiki states to,
    Step 1: Setting up Meta-Doctor, Webos Doctor Versions,
    Do I run a Sprint Pre 1.4.5, Verizon 1.4.5, Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2, Verizon FrankenPre 2 ??
    Step 2 on the Meta-Doctor wiki page is replaced by the Step 3 WebOS 2 Upgrade instructions if you are upgrading to WebOS 2.x or creating a frankenPre (which is what you are going.
    Since I have both a Sprint phone and a Verizon Pre2 device I'm not sure which.

2. If I've already run the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor in Linux is it correct I'll need to do a,
    git pull
    make clobber
    if infact I need to run a different doctor than the Sprint 1.4.5?
    You don't need to run the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor on your new FrankenPre2. It won't let you actually.

3. After hardware upgrade, is this still the correct script to run,
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0 script
    Sorry. The below script is the right script. You are using a Verizon Pre2, not a Unlocked GSM Pre2:

Code:
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.1.0
    4. From what I've read so far, stopping Backup's at the beginning steps is no longer required. Is this correct?
    Read this section of the wiki page. Your safest bet is to just delete the Palm Profile backup while in 1.4.5, but this section of the article gives some fixes if you run into specific problems. The choice is yours.

5. PRL issue is no longer an issue or is it?
    Yes it is. Follow the instructions here if you want the best signal for your phone.

6. Prior to running the correct script for #3 above, is there a way in Linux to verify and or test that the Novacom drivers will not be an issue when script runs??
    Novacom driver problems will be represented by the fact that you won't be able to connect the webOS doctor to the device. Creating the actual doctor .jar file with the Meta-Doctor scripts are unaffected by novacom. The .jar file will be put in your build folder in the Metadoctor directory if you need to run it again down the road.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  3.    #3  
    Made it thru the upgrade ok but have a couple issues and questions still. I used the script you listed above in #2.

1. Palm Profile- I DID NOT turn off Backups and it doesn't appear to have been an issue, that I can tell anyway. I was able to get into my profile: apps, email settings, contacts, calendar info all returned fine.
    2. PRL - I did an update several days ago, it reported 60681 then and it still reports that 60681 number.

Issues, I think anyway:
    1. Looking under Device Info I'm questioning the model that appears, P102EWW. The carrier shows as Verizon.
    Is this correct?
    2. Phone, Preferences, phone number is correct, Network shows as Sprint. Can I leave Voice Network as Automatic seeing as the PRL appears to have 60681? or does it have to be Sprint only?
    3. I can call the phone, it rings, NO VOICE, so I can't answer or check Voice mails left. Sounds for email arrivals, phone rings, all work fine so I know the speaker is fine. Network confusion?? What's up?
    4. Forum hit for letting the Franenpre2 go thru Updates, so I did. Any issues here?
    5. PreWare in App Catalog. Is it no longer available for Sprint Frankenpre2's?
    6. Verified - texts go fine to another SPrint account. text with attachment will NOT. Wifi - OK.

Any help would again be apprecieated.
    1. Palm Profile- I DID NOT turn off Backups and it doesn't appear to have been an issue, that I can tell anyway. I was able to get into my profile: apps, email settings, contacts, calendar info all returned fine.
    That's good news.

2. PRL - I did an update several days ago, it reported 60681 then and it still reports that 60681 number.
    That's good.

Issues, I think anyway:

1. Looking under Device Info I'm questioning the model that appears, P102EWW. The carrier shows as Verizon.
    Is this correct?
    That's intended. The only thing it will affect is the Blackboard app for college students since that app is specific to Sprint devices. There is a patch for getting around that in Blackboard though.

2. Phone, Preferences, phone number is correct, Network shows as Sprint. Can I leave Voice Network as Automatic seeing as the PRL appears to have 60681? or does it have to be Sprint only?
    Automatic is default and you should leave it as such.

3. I can call the phone, it rings, NO VOICE, so I can't answer or check Voice mails left. Sounds for email arrivals, phone rings, all work fine so I know the speaker is fine. Network confusion?? What's up?
    Make sure the phone isn't stuck in headset mode. You can test for this by checking your voicemail and then hitting the speakerphone mode. The icon will also have a headset if it's stuck in headset mode. If this is the case, pour graphite power (sand down pencil lead) into the headset jack, shake the device, and empty out. Insert a headphone jack into the device multiple times.

4. Forum hit for letting the Franenpre2 go thru Updates, so I did. Any issues here?
    It deletes any existing carrier apps. That's it.

5. PreWare in App Catalog. Is it no longer available for Sprint Frankenpre2's?
    Preware was never allowed in the App Catalog. The Preware Documentation app is present, but only explains the nature of homebrew and Preware.

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

6. Verified - texts go fine to another SPrint account. text with attachment will NOT. Wifi - OK.
    MMS problem? I don't know about this, but search around for an MMS fix.

Been blog hunting and have a,
    #7 "advanced system phone prefs"
    Where is this setting and how do I modify it on a Sprint Frankenpre2?
    Open the phone app, swipe top left menu. Tap Preferences.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 09/12/2011 at 08:15 PM.

5.    #5  
    I'll check for MMS fixes.
    1. Quote #2 above additional info, Carrier states Verizon, Network says Sprint.
    Is this OK?
    2. Quote #7, phone app, preferences does not show "Advanced System Prefs"
    3. Quote #3 I'll play with the Headset mode issue, I've noticed others with these issues. I'm close but I've got to get this phone to let me hear voice mail and

Preware, I'll go back and read the link you sent. So we will be able to get Preware apps on a Frankenpre2 just like a Pre-?

THanks again
    I just got thru my hardware swap and dr. Everything went smooth, but in device info it says carrier verizon and the MSID is different from my cell or any phone on my account. Calls and texts seem to come thru fine. Just want to make sure nothing bad is going on.
    1. Quote #2 above additional info, Carrier states Verizon, Network says Sprint.
    Is this OK?
    Yes.

Under the Preference selections in that top left menu, you should be able to set contact matching, default view, on call view, close after call selection, switches, and automation and notifications. If the Preferences option isn't present, you messed up on the installation patch somewhere.

3. Quote #3 I'll play with the Headset mode issue, I've noticed others with these issues. I'm close but I've got to get this phone to let me hear voice mail and
    Preware, I'll go back and read the link you sent. So we will be able to get Preware apps on a Frankenpre2 just like a Pre-?

THanks again
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    I just got thru my hardware swap and dr. Everything went smooth, but in device info it says carrier verizon and the MSID is different from my cell or any phone on my account. Calls and texts seem to come thru fine. Just want to make sure nothing bad is going on.
    If nothing is wrong, then don't worry about it.

9.    #9  
    Quote:

Under the Preference selections in that top left menu, you should be able to set contact matching, default view, on call view, close after call selection, switches, and automation and notifications. If the Preferences option isn't present, you messed up on the installation patch somewhere.

Correct, I do not see, Contact matching, on call view, etc....
    1. So what's the simplest course of action to resolve this issue? patch or reinstall
    2. Are we talking a git pull and clobber to clean up and rerun the initial script,
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.1.0
  10.    #10  
    A couple posts mention Verizon patch for this very phone issue and removing it.
    Is this an option for a Frankenpre2 on Sprint?

1. WIll this require Preware to list out the patches? I just now reading up on it again. Docs state a pre-req of WebOS 1.4.0, so I assume it will run on a Sprint 2.1 Frankenpre2, correct?
    Open Preware. Find the patches named "Advanced System Prefs Framework" and "Advanced System Prefs Phone". Install (or uninstall/reinstall) these. Pick the right patch version for your specific device.