Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    Finally did my conversion yesterday... Everything works fine, except for the volume rocker... It accidentally snap while I was trying to take off the phone chassis. If anyone have encountered this issue before, and found a solution besides patching, please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DD007 View Post
    Finally did my conversion yesterday... Everything works fine, except for the volume rocker... It accidentally snap while I was trying to take off the phone chassis. If anyone have encountered this issue before, and found a solution besides patching, please let me know.
    what do you mean by "volume rocker"? The hard piece of plastic you push on? If so, harvest the part from a junked pre.. They should be pretty cheap on eBay or go to your carriers repair center, maybe they have the part...
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    what do you mean by "volume rocker"? The hard piece of plastic you push on? If so, harvest the part from a junked pre.. They should be pretty cheap on eBay or go to your carriers repair center, maybe they have the part...
    I mean the wire thats connected to the board, that sends the signals when you hit the volume button. It snapped while I was doing the swap, so the volume button doesn't work at all.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilandu View Post
    If you use a VZW Pre 2 , all you need to do is swap comms then run the stock VZW WebOS 2.1 Dr . No need for a meta dr , then after your done just install the navigation and tv .ipks .. Thats if you need them.
    Someone on another thread said it is a bad idea to use the stock VZW doctor for a VZW phone used as the host of a Sprint FrankenPre. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB Jon View Post
    Someone on another thread said it is a bad idea to use the stock VZW doctor for a VZW phone used as the host of a Sprint FrankenPre. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
    I haven't run into any problems using the stock VZ 2.1-- did the person on the other thread share why it is a bad idea to use the VZ 2.1?? I'm not married to and had already run the steps to set up the metadoctor but tried the stock VZ 2.1 first and it has worked great so far-- but if there are bugs/drawbacks, I'd sure like to know!!

one thing I do know is that I have never gotten the OTA update to 2.2.4, and from the handful of threads I've looked, I don't think I'm missing anything that I would actually use and it sounds like it's still quite the work in progress...
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booyapre View Post
    I haven't run into any problems using the stock VZ 2.1-- did the person on the other thread share why it is a bad idea to use the VZ 2.1?? I'm not married to and had already run the steps to set up the metadoctor but tried the stock VZ 2.1 first and it has worked great so far-- but if there are bugs/drawbacks, I'd sure like to know!!
    I never got a detailed explanation as to why. Just a reiteration that it can cause problems down the road.
    I did the FrankenPre work this weekend to a new Pre 2. The Meta-Doctor script for Sprint FrankenPre Verizon 2.2.4 went smooth without any hitches. Got the OTA update too after the conversion was done. Very happy camper with my new FrankenPre2.
    I tried multiple times to get meta-doctor working on Mac OS X Lion. No dice. even after getting Macports, git, Xcode and the rest up and running the script would not build the new jar. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but I just gave up.

I tried to start over again by doing "make clobber" but I got an error.

So I used to VZW doctor and its working fine but no OTA update. I'll wait a while and try again if I don;t get it. I was looking forward to the Touchpad functionality.
    I understand that there is a legal issue involved, but I wish that for dudes who hit roadblocks like me there was someone out there (like the monkeys dudes for the TP Ubuntu setup) that were willing to email out the working doctors. No, no, no, I'm not asking for someone to do that, or looking for a handout. I can live with my own incompetence. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    I understand that there is a legal issue involved, but I wish that for dudes who hit roadblocks like me there was someone out there (like the monkeys dudes for the TP Ubuntu setup) that were willing to email out the working doctors. No, no, no, I'm not asking for someone to do that, or looking for a handout. I can live with my own incompetence. :-)
    That was subtle

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    That was subtle

I thought so. do you disagree? I mean WebOS is on its way to being open source anyway :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    That was subtle

Also, idc that much to actually have the doctor, because I like sprint nab and I hear the update nukes it.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123