1.    #1  
    Is accessing the verizon backup assistant online and converting the list to a .csv and then importing to gmail then to the phone the only way to get my contacts beside manually entering them?
    I was wondering the same thing. My solution was to bring my iphone and pre2 to best buy and have them use the mobile genie which transfers contacts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    I tried the way I posted and only have contacts from a-d in phone directory but in contact directory they are all there. so i am kind of at a loss as to what happened unless there is a limit to the number of contacts but I cant imagine it would cap out in the d's. its not like i uploaded the white pages.
    Lol yeah I agree with you that is weird. I think I'm just going to go to best buy on monday and see if they will do it for me. When I talked to verizon on the phone they were like yeah back up assistant is on there...shows how much they know!

5.    #5  
    I went to a VZW store today and they had no idea.
  6.    #6  
    playedaround with contacts for a ggod day now and for the life of me cant pull up full contact list(only does a-d) when dialing a number from the dial pad screen. if i go to the contacts icon on main screen i am able to see full phone list but its mixed in with email contacts. any suggestions on how to view full phone list on phone dial pad screen?
    Is there not a best buy near you? They will do it for you and I can't see why it wouldn't work or do you not have the old phone? Where are the contacts story?

8.    #8  
    i got it working. not sure what the hell was going on but had to reset data and apps then restore.
    That's good I got mine working. I still had them backed up to verizon so I exported them from there, put them on yahoo and then since them. Gotta love synergy!