Hello everybody.

I am a new Touchpad owner and longtime webOS fan. I've been reading precentral for a long time now but just registered to take peoples' temperature on this potential firesale.

I may have access to a warehouse full of Pre 2s. The gentleman who owns the Pre 2s in question is willing to sell them for $250 or possibly as low as $200.

Would anyone be interested? If so, I will talk to him and have him put them up for sale. He is a reputable retailer who owns a Verizon store so this isn't an AskTP.com type of situation - don't worry.

All the best,
    Elgo
    If you check ebay you'll see them selling for between $150 and $170 for the unlocked GSM variety. I think $200 - $250 is a bit overpriced at this time.
    All for One and One for All!
    Considering that HP sold the unlocked GSM Pre 2 for $55, anything over $100 for them is over priced. In the case of Verizon Pre 2s, I'd say they ought to be even lower than that.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    overpriced. come back again.
    I just got a Verizon pre 2 for 150. Come closer to that price and you'll sell them for sure..
    id be willing to buy one if u lower price to around 120
    I would be interested if the price was around 100.
    Honestly even $75 is too much...But I'd buy it for that.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    where did he go?
    he ran away lol
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    good.
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    good.
    I'm sorry I didn't sit in front of the computer these past hours waiting for responses. You thought I ran away? Why is that good? Is there any reason to be nasty in this situation?

This wasn't my deal anyway - as I stated in the OP, I have an acquaintance who owns a Verizon store who would be selling the phones. I searched on Google Shopping and found places selling them for $400+ so I figured that maybe it would be worthwhile for some people to pay $250 for them.

As you've all amply made clear, $250 is too much for the Pre 2. It is no skin off my back as I was not going to be making money on this deal anyway - I was hoping perhaps that he would give me a free Pre 2 as a finders fee...

I don't see any reason for hostility, though. I have been reading this board for years and I generally look at it as a place full of reasonable people. Of course in any group, you are going to have nasty people, especially on the internet.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    Elgo, dont worry about it. I think there was just a bit of a "where has this guy been the past month??" type situation going there.

Most folks here will have been following the ups and down of HP kit values the past few weeks and then to see someone say how about $250 for a Pre 2 would have just set off a lot of "***??" reactions.

It's nothing personal. Just a few folks shooting with their keyboards.

But if you friend is planning to sell off a sizable stock of Pre2 phones then the main boom time has passed on those. He may sell them at a trickle at $150 but $125 or less to get any major reaction. No matter what others say I feel these phones are still worth good money and with the exposure WebOS has gotten could well be a lot of Touchpad owners looking for the full set. The Pre 2 will be as good as they can get.
    It's been said, but to confirm: I've been tracking Pre 2's closely on eBay the last few weeks, esp since the demise of phone production.

For auctions and buy it now's, the steady lowest closing price has been just over $150. I think people who are serious about buying are hitting up eBay, so yeah... think that will be his competition.
    Ah... and demand might indeed be lower for the VZW variant. The unlocked GSM version may have broader appeal to those not just buying it to hack it up for FrankenPre'ing to their network.
    I just bought 2 off of ebay for about $300 and converted them to sprint.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I bought one for 130. You could probably sellem for 170 or 180. Easily. dont listen to these low ballers. Yes it is above market value. but its supply and demand here.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I bought one for 130. You could probably sellem for 170 or 180. Easily. dont listen to these low ballers. Yes it is above market value. but its supply and demand here.
    ...and yet you bought yours for only $130...just sayin
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    ...and yet you bought yours for only $130...just sayin
    Yes, but i was willing to pay 170. Saw one for 130 and got it.