1.    #1  
    Getting ready to leave on a trip and taking a couple of flights today. Is there any way to dowload a movie and put it on my Pre 2?
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Getting ready to leave on a trip and taking a couple of flights today. Is there any way to dowload a movie and put it on my Pre 2?
    Download the movie file onto your computer, use the program Handbrake to convert it to a format that the Pre2 can play, then transfer it over via USB.

As for downloading the movie from the Pre2, thats not very viable.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    I'm pretty sure there's a guide on the main PreCentral site for converting movies to the right size. I'll dig it out. It's the same resolution as non-retina iPod Touch/iPhone displays so if you get a program that convert to iPod touch format then just use that.

Here's the link I was talking about:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...-pre-pixi.html
    Couple comments from experience following the link Saladoa posted. The iphone/ipod touch settings in the picture tab set the width to 480 and keeps aspect ratio. Which is fine for Pre 2 since its 480x320 Display. Sometimes I will play with width and height settings. Old TV shows work better with a height set to 320 and letting the width adjust. WS formats works best with the width set to 480 (the default for iphone/ipod touch). In the video tab I select the constant quality button and set the RF to 25 and sometimes 30 for lower quality shows. The iphone/ipod touch default setting is 20 which is too high for such a small screen and you end up with just a larger file with no discernible quality difference. Here's a link explaining RF if you want to read more. The only other setting I change from the default iphone/ipod touch setting is the Audio tab. There's really no need for Dolby Prologic II so I set the mixdown to Stereo and a bitrate of 112. With these settings I can get old TV show that's 25 mins down to 40Mb and 3hr movie to ~550MB.