Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I recently retired my Pre- on Sprint for a brand new Pre 2 on Verizon. The general speed of the device and the changes on WebOS 2.2 have been nice, but I'm noticing very frequent (several times an hour) slow downs and non-response. Dialing a phone number, using the calendar, opening an email, using the browser, etc. Basic tasks that should be instantaneous are taking sometimes over a minute to complete. Needless to say, this has made the phone annoying at best and almost useless at worst.

Has anyone seen similar symptoms? I've tried restarts but that has done little (if anything) to fix the problem. I have two email/calendar accounts set up -- one Google Apps and one Microsoft Exchange. With zero evidence to back it up (just a hunch), I have a theory that something around the communication for one or both of these accounts is causing the delays.

Any other thoughts?
    Turn off and delete your backup from the backup app. Restart the phone afterwards.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Thanks for the response.

I'm not seeing "delete" functionality within the Backup app. Is it a matter of turning off backup and restarting?
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanSF View Post
    Thanks for the response.

I'm not seeing "delete" functionality within the Backup app. Is it a matter of turning off backup and restarting?
    yes
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    when you turn off the back-up app the options are "turn off and erase back-up" or "keep back-up on"