1.    #1  
    I have an upgrade on Verizon, with an og droid that has gone to ****. I picked up a touchpad during the firesale and was just wondering if you guys think its worth it to use my 2 year upgrade on this.
    I love my Pre2. You should grab it while they are available.
    the economically correct answer is: no. you can buy this phone unsubsidized for $150 or so. which makes the subsidy only $100. for most other smartphones the subsidy is closer to $300. For an iphone it is around $400.
    No, save up and buy one outright if you want one. You could even choose the most expensive phone they offer on upgrade and sell it, covering the cost of a Pre 2 with some left over.
  5.    #5  
    I probably should have listened to you guys, but I pulled the trigger on it anyways. My phone is a piece of **** and I'm broke so $49 looked like way too good of a deal. 2 WebOS devices now!
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Just a note - negotiate with the internet chat rep. I am on a 14-day trial with a Pre 2; got them to give me a promo code that zeroed-out the $49.
  7.    #7  
    I tried the same but they wouldn't zero it out. What did you try, what was the promo code?
    Aw man.. I love my Pre 2, but I would never waste an upgrade on it. You should have just gotten it on eBay ubsubsidized.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yea get an iphone and sell it for a ton of money - grab the pre 2 on ebay for cheap

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    Pre 3 QWERTY, The Veer, GSM Pre 2 and GSM Pixi Plus - 64GB White TouchPad and 32GB Black TouchPad
  10.    #10  
    Yeah I guess I should have listened, I was just so fed up with my droid(unusable) and wanted a new phone tomorrow. I can probably return it and get a bionic or something and sell it.
    Its only money, you'll love your Pre2.

ET

PS: just another example of the TP fire sale creating another WebOS fan
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by disoriented View Post
    I tried the same but they wouldn't zero it out. What did you try, what was the promo code?
    I chatted with a customer service rep and indicated that I was on the fence about getting the Pre 2 from them, and just flat asked whether there was any promo code. She came back with one after a short wait. I asked whether the code would be good the next day, so I could think about it, and she said no. So, it was likely either a custom code they set up for that transaction or she was lying to push the sale. Anyway, here it is - hope it works for someone. 2011Q250DH