Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Finally got my pre 2 yesterday. Biggest complaint is battery life. Worst on any phone I've used thus far. Coming from iphone 4, understandable but still disappointing. Can't get through close to a full day. May have to buy a spare battery. I wanted to buy a pre 3, but since they are otherworldly pricewise right now, can't justify the cost. Any fixes worth a try? Am still relatively new to webOS, but love it so far. Btw, my pre 2 is unlocked gsm on At&t.

samsung SGH-T809, Blackberry 8900, iphone 4, pre 2
    Give it time to settle down, charge discharge etc and it will improve, it wont last you all day if you a heavy user but that's where the advantage of a removable battery comes in I have three batteries (used to own a Pre Classic and I bought one) now I don't have to worry about usage if it gets low I just swap batteries over
    it will get better once you stop messing with it 7x24. The addictive nature has you using it more that you realize.

also, it's better than the Pre , if that makes you feel better.

Touchstone are now so cheap that you should have them anywhere you spend time so you can grab some charge time during the day.
    get a touchstone and a backup battery.
    Mine lives on a Touchstone so I only notice the poor battery when I go away for more than a day. Definitely recommend one to anyone.

Can only suggest basic things: Disable Bluetooth if not required, but leave WiFi enabled if generally available. Check duration settings for data syncs etc. Poor signal strength will also drain the battery.
    And if you lucky enough to live in the US so you will be able to pick up touchstones, battery charger and new batteries cheap!
    Verizon website has them for five and change out the door (mail order!) today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill484 View Post
    Verizon website has them for five and change out the door (mail order!) today.
    Touchstones or batteries? Can you send a link? And is this battery http://store.precentral.net/seidio-i.../8A37A5644.htm worth it? I am coming from an iPhone4 too and the battery is a little annoying (that is one thing apple has nailed), but it is still better than my LG Revolution and Droid X2 so I can deal with it. Also do any of you know of a car mount that works for the Pre2? The one I have won't hold it.
    Touchstones. Go to verizon dot com and navigate to Pre 2 accessories.
    I also just got my pre 2 yesterday but the battery life is just horrible, it has only been about 14 hours, and my battery is at 9% with only sending a couple text messages throughout the day with wifi off
    All I can say is mine will last 8.5 hours at work and still be between 55-65% on most days, and I do use it off and on for Twitter, checking email, occasionally surfing, using it for a wifi hotspot for a few minutes to update a business TouchPad (don't ask - mil-aero company). So if you can't last a whole day, or you're down to 9% after just 14 hours, then either your battery isn't broken in yet...or you have something going on (bad battery, CPU not properly sleeping, poor signal strength, constantly pegging for emails and IM, etc...).

Of course, the easiest thing to do is to get a Touchstone and put it at your desk or in your car. That way, it will stay topped off when you are in one of the two locations. The fact you can actually take a spare battery with you, however, will always give it the edge over the iPhone (you can get a spare on Amazon for $3-4).
    *UPDATE: after installing uberkernel and govnah and putting it on the 1100 ondemand profile the battery life seems to be much better at just draining 1% an hour in idle mode. The problem seems to be that the phone doesn't sleep properly or something of that nature so I hope this helps some people.
    You can't get the Touchstones on verizons website anymore but amazon has them and so do a few other sites however they say it will only work on the pre and pixi. My guess is it will work on the pre2 as well but can someone just confirm this for me? Falconrap you are right,that's an amazing deal for a spare battery. I was going to spend $45 on the extended one lol, thanks for saving me.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    You can't get the Touchstones on verizons website anymore but amazon has them and so do a few other sites however they say it will only work on the pre and pixi. My guess is it will work on the pre2 as well but can someone just confirm this for me?
    Yes the Pre/Pixi touchstone works on the Pre2 just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgonesmall View Post
    *UPDATE: after installing uberkernel and govnah and putting it on the 1100 ondemand profile the battery life seems to be much better at just draining 1% an hour in idle mode. The problem seems to be that the phone doesn't sleep properly or something of that nature so I hope this helps some people.
    Maybe installing a different kernel can solve such "can't sleep problems"?
    Surprised I don't see mention: it also does a lot in the background the first day or so you use it. Synergy cranks away grabbing and sorting and eating battery.

Just another reason it gets better after a day or two, esp. if you have tons of contacts syncing in.
    Quote Originally Posted by knicks2030 View Post
    You can't get the Touchstones on verizons website anymore but amazon has them and so do a few other sites however they say it will only work on the pre and pixi. My guess is it will work on the pre2 as well but can someone just confirm this for me? Falconrap you are right,that's an amazing deal for a spare battery. I was going to spend $45 on the extended one lol, thanks for saving me.

Hmmm...I just went to Verizon Wireless and they still show them. Did you go to Shop>Accessories>Chargers and Docks then select Palm from the brand filter? They still show the Touchstone and the wall charger w/cable.

Your welcome on the battery save. They are dirt cheap on Amazon, and nothing beats being able to carry a spare battery, or 2, around. I will admit, though, unlike my Pre+, I haven't really needed a spare battery. Once your Pre 2 cycles through a few times, you should be getting very good battery life. I will say that I believe putting a Pre 2 on a Touchstone to trickle charge seems to be able to fill the battery to it's max and give you the most battery life. If you can get a couple of Touchstones, just keep them where you need them and you won't have battery problems.
    I found them on verizons website but you can't add it to your cart. It says something else I can't remember. Amazon has them for cheap too so I will be doing some shopping on there for touchstones batteries and whatever other accessories I can find lol.

Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    Battery life is atrocious on the Pre 2. I just surround myself with touchstones.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c View Post
    Battery life is atrocious on the Pre 2.
    Not for me. Can go easy through the day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast