Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bevcraw
  1.    #1  
    Any advice???

I have a TouchPad and a Pre 2 (on 02 UK) that I use free tether on and it works fine but when I stop the tether the battery on my Pre 2 for some reason continues to act as if something is using it and gets really drained like a whole battery in 2 hrs sometimes.

The back of the Pre 2 gets really hot and the only way to stop it is to power down and remove the battery, let it cool down and insert a different fully powered battery. I switch off all radio devices and close free tether but nothing changes... any idea why this happens???
    I'm not so sure but I can pretty much see why HP gave up on their hardware with phones. The heating of the phone happens to 100% of pres and pre2s. Mine is a burning ball of fire so I have to deal with it. I've tried everything and my phone is still a fireball. Why???? Outdated hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo0523 View Post
    I'm not so sure but I can pretty much see why HP gave up on their hardware with phones. The heating of the phone happens to 100% of pres and pre2s. Mine is a burning ball of fire so I have to deal with it. I've tried everything and my phone is still a fireball. Why???? Outdated hardware?
    The heating does not happen to my Pre 2. Please be careful with statistic you can't back up with data.
    somline likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by leobloom View Post
    Any advice???

I have a TouchPad and a Pre 2 (on 02 UK) that I use free tether on and it works fine but when I stop the tether the battery on my Pre 2 for some reason continues to act as if something is using it and gets really drained like a whole battery in 2 hrs sometimes.

The back of the Pre 2 gets really hot and the only way to stop it is to power down and remove the battery, let it cool down and insert a different fully powered battery. I switch off all radio devices and close free tether but nothing changes... any idea why this happens???
    Hi there,

I was looking at posts on this forum about connecting my Pre2 and Touchpad together using free tether and I came across yours which seems suited as I'm also in the UK on the o2 network.

I wonder if you can answer me a few questions about it as I can get them to pair up and connect but don't seem to get the internet...

1) Do I have to have something enabled from o2 that allows tethering...?

2) Do you have the settings (I.P. address etc) as I think mine are the same on both the Pre2 and TP but can't be sure...!

3) Am I correct in saying that to get it working you have to open FT on just the Pre2 and move the 'wi-fi' radio button over to the ON position...? Do I have to do anything on the TP except look for the Pre2 under my wifi settings? If so then what?

4) I can see my Pre2 on my laptop also and connect fine but still get no internet...

I do hope you can help me at all as I love my devices and just would love to have the internet even when there isn't a connection available nearby!

Many thanks

Chris