Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I currently have a sprint pre- and will be converting it into a sprint pre 2 shortly .

What are people using to sync the unit with their computer? I have been using missing sync on my mac.

Thanks for any feedback.
    so I used wubi to dualboot ubuntu. After I logged in, I had a command prompt for about 10 minutes and now I've had a blank screen for about an hour. ???? Help!
    Try rebooting and see if it finishes the Ubuntu install. Otherwise I would try to get back to the windows side and try to launch the install again. it may ask you to uninstall ubuntu, tehn you can try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnie View Post
    Try rebooting and see if it finishes the Ubuntu install. Otherwise I would try to get back to the windows side and try to launch the install again. it may ask you to uninstall ubuntu, tehn you can try again.

Ok, i've RE-installed twice now and I get the same each time. Nothing. Even after 2 hours.
    @ mkatb

You might want to try this:

Ubuntu 11.04 blank screen on boot. SOLVED
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Don't the instructions specificaly say don't install using wubi. Just install it with a cd or us drive and dual boot it normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Don't the instructions specificaly say don't install using wubi. Just install it with a cd or us drive and dual boot it normally.
    Yep, so in this case step 2 is the one that should apply to resolve the black screen.

2. Boots into a blank screen after install.
    Reboot and keep your finger on the “SHIFT” key till you get the grub menu. Highlight the first entry and replace “quiet splash” with “nomodeset” . Hit CTRL + X to continue booting. Once logged in install the latest Graphics drivers. System -> Administration -> Additional Drivers
    Quote Originally Posted by renck View Post
    Reboot and keep your finger on the “SHIFT” key till you get the grub menu. Highlight the first entry and replace “quiet splash” with “nomodeset” . Hit CTRL + X to continue booting. Once logged in install the latest Graphics drivers. System -> Administration -> Additional Drivers
    don't know what the grub menu is. but i held the shift down and nothing changed.

also, tried doing the cd way but my computer won't burn the ISO cd...keeps giving me error messages.
    mkatb

grub menu is Ubuntu's setup menu, from there you are able to change configurations. Sorry to hear that didn't work for you.

Let me ask you one more thing (this happened to me), did you were able to install Ubuntu and right after that the system told you that several updates must be downloaded? I said yes, and after that I was having the blank screen. So, I re-moved it from Windows and then re-installed it again "without" letting the system to update. Everything works well for me.
    no, it was installing, told me i need to reboot to finish. i rebooted, it asked for my login and password, then gave me a command prompt and went blank from there after about 10 minutes.
    So, what version of Ubuntu are you installing? I used the latest one (11.04), here is the link:

Download | Ubuntu
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12