Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jsh1975
  1.    #1  
    Would you sign up for a new contract on vzw with the pre 2 knowing you cant upgrade for a year? i guess i could always buy a phone on the secondary market if it went out on me.
    hf199 likes this.
    Global Posts
    463 Global Posts
    At this point I probably would not sign a new contract for a pre 2. It's a great phone but I think you'd be better off getting one off of ebay, craigslist, etc and using it month to month.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashykat View Post
    At this point I probably would not sign a new contract for a pre 2. It's a great phone but I think you'd be better off getting one off of ebay, craigslist, etc and using it month to month.
    Yup. Got mine form eBay for $150.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
  4.    #4  
    thanks...was tempted with the $49 price tag.
    I don't switch phones or networks often, but after waiting for the Pre 3 to NOT launch, I switched from my Pre minus on Sprint to the Pre 2 on Verizon and yes I did sign a 2 year contract to get the $49 price. If the phone dies befire the end of two years, I'll find another on eBay or just take my chances with what is available.
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
    I can tell you I got my Pre2 for 49.00 and they did not change my data plan. I did lose the Mobile Hot Spot which I rarely used, but kept the unlimited data plan. So it worked out for me.
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    I did and well worth it over my pre minus!