Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I just received my pre 2 which is amazing bu the way. I have installed a bunch of patches but have 2 simple questions or problems if you will. The first is when i text someone i cant figure out how to delete the whole text or conversation at once. It seems to delete each response individually. My second is probable a toggle somewhere but everytime i plug it in to charge i get the notification chime. I dont want to shut the wrong thing off and lose my alarm or text notification. What do i turn off cause its annoying bad lol. Thanks for your help ahead of time.
    When in conversation view, swipe the conversation you want to delete left or right, this will reveal a delete/cancel option. The battery chime can be disabled with a patch.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Thanks Saladoa. As far as the patch for the charching alert i only found one called disable charging alert sound and it doesnt work for webOS 2.1. I did find one that changes it to vibrate so that will do. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    first is when i text someone i cant figure out how to delete the whole text or conversation at once. It seems to delete each response individually.
    From the Conversations tab you can swipe/delete the entire text there.

My second is probable a toggle somewhere but everytime i plug it in to charge i get the notification chime. I dont want to shut the wrong thing off and lose my alarm or text notification. What do i turn off cause its annoying bad lol. Thanks for your help ahead of time.
    there is no toggle to turn it off but there was a patch for it, I'm not sure if it's compatible with webOS 2.x.x yet. I'll have to look

edit: nevermind you found it
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Thanks methods. Definately takes getting used to all the changes but its great when you get it all figured out. Gotta watch the gestures video next lol. Have figured out the launcher wave effect thing yet. Hopefully i can find one for the power menu when i turn the device off. WebOS likes bells and chimes for everything
    Last edited by bckrupps; 09/07/2011 at 06:18 PM.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    maybe create a silent.mp3 ringtone and set any of the notifications you don't like to that
    Good news, the Advance System Prefs - System Prefs patch (under the 'advanced' section in patches) allows you to mute the charging notification. You can also mute the low battery notification if you so desire. When you install it, don't forget to install the Advanced System Prefs - Framework patch as that's required for it to work.

The option can then be found in Sounds & Ringtones.

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Weird i get errors when i try to install this and the framework and they dont install. Any ideas?
    Can you also add text ringtones with a patch?
    What do the errors say?

Yes, that same patch allows you to change your notify sound, which is your text ringtone.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Got it working. Still am not getting what to change to stop the annoying sounds when i shut the phone down though. Turning off system sounds doesnt make it go away lol