Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Just did the conversion over the weekend. I did manage to gauge a ribbon cable because the flat head I used to pry the two ribbons off with was a bit small and just ended up scratching. That lead me to fail to doctor about 10 times before i realized what was up. Long story short, DO NOT USE THE SAME SCREW DRIVER YOU USE TO GET THE VOLUME ROCKER OUT TO PRY WITH.

Other than that though it was smooth as silk. I installed unbuntu and made the doctor one night. Then the next day I did the hard ware. I think that's the way to go because you dont want your phone laying in pieces while you way for all the software stuff.

Anyway I absofreakinglutely love this thing. I was so sad I wouldn't be getting a pre3 but now it's like it doesn't even matter. And for those who have struggled with 2.1 on a pre- it's not just like over clocking. its a whole new smooth as silk world. I'd say so far my pre2 actually studders/lags less than my touchpad. You will not regret it. Totally worth it. Do it!
    Hey guys I have been looking over the instructions - when you say that the comm board must be activated - that means that the phone must have been activated via palm profile correct? I have a sprint pre which I previously used and is currently sitting inactivated in sprint as I upgraded a phone but I got a verizon pre 2 so I am thinking about making the conversion. I just want to make sure before I proceed. thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by littlebuddha View Post
    Hey guys I have been looking over the instructions - when you say that the comm board must be activated - that means that the phone must have been activated via palm profile correct? I have a sprint pre which I previously used and is currently sitting inactivated in sprint as I upgraded a phone but I got a verizon pre 2 so I am thinking about making the conversion. I just want to make sure before I proceed. thanks in advance.

No, this is not correct. The pre- must be activated on the Sprint network. If it isn't activated on Sprint, the process will not work.
    Palm Pre 2 on Sprint
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12