1. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    For the past two nights, my VZW Pre2 has done something odd. I've woken up to find that the phone radio is offline, wifi is on (but disconnected from my router), and 3G is running and connected to VZW. The only thing that fixes it is a full reboot.

I have no idea what could have caused this to start happening. The only thing that comes to mind is that I installed the NetStat app a couple of days ago, and I've been applying patch updates (mostly sconix's advanced patches).

My phone sits on the Touchstone on my nightstand overnight. I have Modeswitcher and all the Advanced patches installed, as well as many others that I don't think would have any impact on the radio functions.

Anyone else have a similar occurrence? Anyone have any ideas what might cause such a thing?
    I don't know what would cause the problem. Maybe you can uninstall mode switcher and the patches for a couple of days and see if your phone is still acting up.
    Global Posts
    725 Global Posts
    Run a manual backup (the palm one on the settings page) and see if it makes it through successfully. If not, reboot, turn off backups, delete the backup data, reboot again, turn on backups and make one. That solved my overnight oddness problems.
    Jim Altman
    Palm III ->Treos 600->650->750->Pro->Pre Plus->Pre 2->Pre3+TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
    Run a manual backup (the palm one on the settings page) and see if it makes it through successfully. If not, reboot, turn off backups, delete the backup data, reboot again, turn on backups and make one. That solved my overnight oddness problems.
    Seconded, although it still happens to me after wiping backup data AND doctoring and setting up from scratch. If you check backup and see what time the "last backup" is, you'll probably see it matches the time during the night that you're seeing it happen. It doesn't seem to be a full reboot, although I've never left it off the Touchstone to see what that would do. Check this and add your info: Re: Backup causing Memory Critical error - Page 2 - Support Community