1.    #1  
    Hello,

I bought TS on eBay few days ago. But there is a problem with charging my Pre2: it starts and stops continuously and can't charge the phone.

I made movie with this:

Is it broken Touchstone or is there something wrong with my Pre?
    its broken touchstone

I have 5 TSes, one is broken and do exactly the thing you described.
    My pre- used to do that, but I just replaced the back with a new one and it works fine now.

I think you can find backs on amazon for pretty cheap. You should try that before buying another touchstone.

Good Luck!
    My Pre 2 does that with both of my touchstones, but only when its fully charged. I figured it was a patch/tweak/my own doing some how.

Nevermind it will do it just about anytime now. Finally finished web chat with HP/Palm they are sending me a new back cover. I should have just bought one of Amazon, that was painful. 1 hour instruction on connecting USB ... to finally "we think its the back cover, can you go out to a store/ retail location and try a different cover and then contact us with your results?"
    Last edited by SebastianLee; 09/07/2011 at 04:59 PM.
    I had problems I thought it was the touchstone but it turned out the be the cable was broken on the inside. Also don't forget that the part where it plugs into the wall is an assembly that can come loose.
    Put a piece of paper (or two) between the device and the touchstone. If it stops, there is a temporary fix. One of my touchstones is faulty. I fixed it by layering clear tape on the top of the puck to create the same effect as the paper fix. Works like new and doesn't look bad.

If that doesn't work, check the wire or touchstone back. My GF's Pre2 would exhibit the same issue as you, but mine would work find on the same touchstone. Turns out she dropped her phone so many times, the touchstone backing was broken.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I just got a firesale pre2 and 2 touchstones from Verizon, and one of them does this. Even on the one that works, its somewhat sensitive to how I place it. Frankly, it just seems that plugging it in is easier. I see why Verizon is dumping them for $5
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    try to move the phone up an down while sitting on touchstone untill the charging get right
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SebastianLee View Post
    My Pre 2 does that with both of my touchstones, but only when its fully charged. I figured it was a patch/tweak/my own doing some how.

Nevermind it will do it just about anytime now. Finally finished web chat with HP/Palm they are sending me a new back cover. I should have just bought one of Amazon, that was painful. 1 hour instruction on connecting USB ... to finally "we think its the back cover, can you go out to a store/ retail location and try a different cover and then contact us with your results?"
    Let me know if that works as I have the same issue with two different Touchstones. Once it gets to 100%, it just cycles on and off with that annoying sound.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    try to move the phone up an down while sitting on touchstone untill the charging get right
    I hear you, but isn't the whole advantage of Touchstone that you just 'drop it', instead of fiddling with cables and plugging them in? And now I have to fiddle with placement on the touchstone? and worry that while I sleep it may stop charging? At least with the cable once I plug it in, its there, and I know it'll be charged and ready to go in the a.m.

Anyway, I only spent $15 on the 2 touchstones and extra cable, so its no big deal. I'm enjoying my first webOS phone overall. very smooth, very good reception, freetether works great, and for my mileage, the battery life is fine.