1.    #1  
    Would you suggest someone buy one now?
    I just did, off ebay,for 150.

webos just works...for me.
    physical keyboards just work...for me
    There are enough apps...for me. Though I cheat a little in that I have an ipod touch tethered to my pre to make up for apps we don't have.

I have looked at other devices but can't just yet atleast pull the trigger on palm and webos.
    I'm thinking of buying a Pixi+ and a Pre2 to complement my collection as well. I just feel like I might need something bigger than my Veer, but smaller than my Touchpad. I like the size of the Pre, but after having used the Veer for some time, I don't like the feel of the original Pre any more... I want a glass display, I want a smooth surface all around, I want more MHz! The Pre2 offers all that over the original Pre Though I'll probably won't like the keyboard. The Veer's keyboard is a class of it's own, even if it is small.
    forgot to mention- I coulda purchased the pre2 from vzw for $5 but had to use a new yr contract to do so.
    kinda silly to lock myself in for 2 yrs at this point. Purchasing new off ebay allows me to save my upgrade for when a compelling device comes out or I tire of webOs.
  5.    #5  
    I currently have a "feature" phone and need one I can read attachments to emails. Thought I may try the Pre2 especially if I can tether from free on it and bypass the $20 verizon fee.
    Currently have a Pre + with Verizon. Picked up an Unlocked pre 2 and a Verizon Pre 2 from HP during the fire sale. Activating the unlocked Pre 2 on T-mobile this week. Plan to activate the Verizon Pre 2 when the Pre + dies.
    yes.

pre 2 probably is the best you can get for now. It sure can last at least 2 years and see if webOS smartphone will be picked up by somebody else.

the main concern is the profile. I hope hp won't turn off server in the near future.

but hey, $150 isn't expensive. If you go with TMobile $50 /mo plan. You can save back that $$$ in half a year.
    The big problem with VZW right now is their new data plans if you do anything to get a new or updated contract.

I will stick with unlimited for $30 as long as I can and switch phones as often as they will let me.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I got my Pre2 from Verizon and extended my contract. I'm still at $30 unlimited. They said I was grandfathered into that price and would continue to be at the $30 unlimited unless I downgrade to a dumb phone and then upgrade later.
    I just ordered a Pre2 (VZ) from eBay - obviously no contract.

The question is: do I activate it as-is on VZW and deal with the loss of MHS, or do I just radio swap and tell nobody.
    I picked up a Pre 2 on ebay for $150 shipped as a backup to my Thunderbolt and to complement my Touchpad. And also I wanted to see how WebOS was in phone form.

Quote Originally Posted by bcorbino View Post
    I just ordered a Pre2 (VZ) from eBay - obviously no contract.

The question is: do I activate it as-is on VZW and deal with the loss of MHS, or do I just radio swap and tell nobody.
    Forget MHS and just use FreeTether.
    Quote Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
    I picked up a Pre 2 on ebay for $150 shipped as a backup to my Thunderbolt and to complement my Touchpad. And also I wanted to see how WebOS was in phone form.

Forget MHS and just use FreeTether.
    Thanks. I was leaning towards that just to avoid the loss of warranty.
    Hey, I'm selling my Pre2 (used for about 20 minutes before I got an offer for a Pre3). HP Palm Pre 2 unlocked - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone | eBay

I got it for 174, $10 off for just the box being open
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    nice. It says auction ended though?? I have 18hrs left on the phone I'm bidding on. If I lose and yours is still available I'll pick it up for sure.