1.    #1  
    Sorry - that title is a bit rambling...

So, here's the situation:

I have a VZN Pre2.
    In the States, when I call Canada, it pops up with a question: "Want to use Cell plan minutes or Skype". It's SO COOL!!

So, now I will be travelling in Canada.
    I have a (Canada) local mobile hotspot wi-fi-tyoe thingy.
    Anybody know if when I try make a call, will I get the Skype option for any (or preferably ALL) attempted calls?

I HAVE succesfully done data roaming in Canada with my Pre+ and that wi-fi device (worked great for email, browsing, etc), but I had a North America call plan (including Canada). Problem is, I pay about $100/month more for that plan than just adding my phone to our regular business plan.

Any ideas?

russ
    CSS routes Skype calls over their voice network in the US, so it will be interesting if it will do it over WiFi in another country.
  3.    #3  
    OK, so when you're roaming (Pre 2 on Verizon w/North America plan... (includes coverage in Canada, BUT NO DATA!), I carry a local MiFi-type hotspot with me.

Allows me to get email, browse, etc. on my Pre2.

BUT NO SKYPE!!!

If you try establish a Skype connection, you get an error saying something about needing your Carriers DATA Network.

Sucks!

Anyone know if ther is a workaround/patch so you can use Skype on a WiFi connection?

russ
  4.    #4  
    Hi folks

Hopefully someone who knows Skype app initimately can help.

So, to pick up where we left off: If yuou are "data roaming", you cannot use Skype. Makes no bloody sense to me.
    Now, a buddy og mine is going to Europe & Africa, and was planning n using his Pre2 and WiFi hotspots to communicate while he's over there.

Can ANYONE fix this, so that once you're roaming, you can use a wifi connection to run Skype?

Thanks

russ