1.    #1  
    I was building Franken Pre 2 for my friend and unfortunately snapped off the volume switch ribbon cable, making his new Pre 2 NOP

If you have a broken Pre 2 you're willing to sell for parts, please PM.
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it has to be from a pre2, I believe all the pre's are the same in that regard.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    The volume rocker cable was a very delicate part of my process too. Sorry to hear that happened. Maybe look on craigslist or ebay for a broken or non functional Pre. Could probably get one for $20 or so, or a working one for $40 or $50
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_t_heilbrun View Post
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it has to be from a pre2, I believe all the pre's are the same in that regard.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Unfortunately this part is not interchangeable between Pre and Pre 2. They do look very similar but the part numbers are different. As a minimum, we know that cameras are different resolution between Pre and Pre 2. Just for kicks I first tried swapping the Pre camera/volume board but as expected the Pre 2 would not pass the diagnostics routine, just stays on 'clouds' screen and then puts up an error message
    Last edited by lexart; 09/04/2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
    bump... I am the friend who's PRE is SAD... Please help :-)
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I have a verizon pre 2 that is brand new, if you wanna buy that i paid 160 but make me an offer