Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Yeah, any micro USB cable or AC adapter will work fine.
    Of course you know you should get a Touchstone, but those can be had for like $5 now if you know where to look.
    I already have two touchstones coming from amazon @ $8 each and an extra ac/usb cable. Way ahead of you!

Thanks to all of you for your advice/help!
    you cannot use MHS with the pre2 (without paying), that was available with only the Pixi+ and Pre+. Everyone has advised me not to worry about MHS and just free tether though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    ...the Pre+ is a good option. You can overclock it to the same speed as the Pre2 and metadoctor webOS2.1 onto it. After that the only real difference is the glass screen and slightly better build quality.
    Do you have a Pre2? I thought it was the same, until I got my Pre2 this week! Overclocking is a concession to make the Pre+ faster, but it doesn't compare to how quickly the Pre2 loads apps, especially working with multiple apps at a time.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    MHS is only free on VZW on the Pixi+ and Pre+. You'll have to pay additional for it on the Pre2.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    Do you have a Pre2? I thought it was the same, until I got my Pre2 this week! Overclocking is a concession to make the Pre+ faster, but it doesn't compare to how quickly the Pre2 loads apps, especially working with multiple apps at a time.
    Yeah, I've got a Pre 2, but had the Pre Minus not the Pre Plus before that. The Pre- overclocked to 1GHz is nothing like as smooth as the Pre2. I'd always put that down to the lower RAM. I knew the Pre2 RAM was supposed to have a faster clock speed, but didn't think it would make that much difference.

The main difference is how much more sturdy the Pre 2 feels in the hand though. It's just got a certain X-factor that the original never had.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Welcome! I see you made your choice (in the right direction, I might add). I got my daughter a Pixi Plus and it was actually enough for her to fall in love with webOS over iOS (she's 13), but its slowness drives her crazy. One of my niggles was that even the Plus version didn't come with a Touchstone back cover. Given the Pixi's frustrating USB door, that's a bit unforgiveable.

Well, I just got a Pre3, so the Pre2 goes to the wifey, the oldest inherits her PrePlus, and the Pixi gets handed-me-down to the baby.
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    My eBay pre 2 came with a touchstone and a leather slip pouch. Supposedly an HP employee that got a bunch of them @ $50. It was still in the box from the manufacturing facility in China.
    I'll say it again...Freetether. Just don't abuse it. Either that, or pay for the Mobile Hotspot.
    I have had both of the phones you are considering, and it is no question that the Pre2 is better and totally worth the money. It is faster, tons more apps (certain apps are not Pixi compatible), more screen room to see things better (like, it makes a huge difference).

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12