1.    #1  
    I did a comm board swap from my working/activated Sprint Pre- to an unlocked GSM Pre2. I used the meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0 script, but the text messaging doesn't work. It will not receive text messages, and when I try to send one, the text arrives garbled.

I noticed the Sprint notes here: Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals
    But the Doctored device doesn't seem to have an "Update Network Settings" option as described in the link above.

If this is an unlocked Pre2, does it have an MSL? Does the MSL follow the comm board or the device? Any advice on getting the MSL from Sprint?
    Last edited by danullom; 09/04/2011 at 09:50 AM.
  2.    #2  
    MSL apparently follows the comm board.
    Sprint gave me the MSL without any issue.

Refreshed the network settings but text messaging still doesn't work.
    Last edited by danullom; 09/04/2011 at 11:11 AM.
  3.    #3  
    I flashed the device with the stock HP image, with the GSM comm board. Then reinstalled the good Pre- comm board, re-meta-doctored, and voila! I have proper text messages and I don't get the dropped call error on every call.
    Glad that you got it working. I'm sure all it needed was just a re-doctor.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  5.    #5  
    I just got an update notice for 2.1.0 while trying to run "Classic". Device info says I'm already running 2.1.0. Will an HP OTA update break my precious Franken Pre2?
    Quote Originally Posted by danullom View Post
    I just got an update notice for 2.1.0 while trying to run "Classic". Device info says I'm already running 2.1.0. Will an HP OTA update break my precious Franken Pre2?
    Nope. Only thing it will do is remove any pre-existing Sprint apps and install a sim toolkit app. You can always manually install those sprint apps back if you want after the update.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.