Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I activated my Unlocked Pre 2 on AT&T a couple of days ago and I love the speed compared to my previous Pixi Plus EXCEPT in the messaging app. From the point when I tap the send button, there is an approximate 5 second delay for my message to appear in the thread and also during that time, my phone is unusable (gestures don't function).
    I experience the exact same problem, and I agree it is very annoying. I had read somewhere that this is due to the voltages in the kernals, and that using an overclocking kernal fixed it as it had correct voltage settings. I may be wrong, but again this is just what I had read somewhere.
  3.    #3  
    It's really frustrating for me because I am a huge texter. I am running webOS 2.1. Does anybody know if this issue occurred in 2.0 as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    It's really frustrating for me because I am a huge texter. I am running webOS 2.1. Does anybody know if this issue occurred in 2.0 as well?
    Yes it seemed to be the same before the update

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Yes it seemed to be the same before the update
    Have you found any solutions?
    Nope. Still agonizing. I just go to card view immediately after sending so I can do other things instead of waiting the 5 seconds for it to send.

7.    #7  
    What carrier do you have? As a wild guess, it could be AT&T. I don't think so, but it's worth a try.
    What carrier do you have? As a wild guess, it could be AT&T. I don't think so, but it's worth a try.
    Yes its AT&T but the slow sms sending is not the carrier its the OS

It's definitely not the carrier. Verizon and Sprint users report the same problems.
  10.    #10  
    I didn't think it was, but I decided to take a stab at it.
  11.    #11  
    Doesn't the Veer run webOS 2.1? Does anybody know if the issue is on that device too?
    Pretty sure this is just a 2.x "feature." In fact, I'm interested in hearing if there's anybody who *doesn't* have this issue.
    my Verizon Pre 2 SMS is slow to send any text too.
    I've been following this thread the past few days that I've had my VZW Pre 2 since I experience the issue. However, I sent a txt moments ago to a friend and it went from grey to black text in 1 second. I'll continue monitoring.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts
    Do you guys have a lot of messages with that contact? After erasing the conversations my wife and I had and starting a new one. I didn't get such a long pause as I did before hand.
  16.    #16  
    It's intermittent for me. Sometimes it runs at the speed it should run at, but sometimes it is really slow. Palm support told me an OTA update is coming soon, but I'm not believing it until I get the notification on my phone.
    I have the same issue on my Veer. I picked up a Pre2 on the (fairly) cheap, so I'm going to make the switch once it arrives. Was hoping this problem was specific to the Veer, but I guess not.
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    The same thing is happening on my Pre+ that has been doctored to 2.1, fyi. And I'm with Optus here in Australia. I have a Pre2 arriving any day now, so I'll post here if the same issue happens with the new phone.
    It's intermittent for me. Sometimes it runs at the speed it should run at, but sometimes it is really slow. Palm support told me an OTA update is coming soon, but I'm not believing it until I get the notification on my phone.
    This happens on my franken pre2, although I'm so used to it now that I barely notice anymore..

It sure would be nice to be able to fire off a text message and immediately switch to another card and start typing another text to someone else though. grrrr
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast