Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
    Mine is a another data point of not seeing this problem, stock unlocked UK Pre 2. Messages get sent immediately, the words become un-grayed in 1.5 - 2s.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Like someone else previously posted, the length of the messaging conversation plays a big role in the slow down of the messaging app. I deleted away an ongoing text conversation I've had for the last few weeks with my wife and started fresh and the speed it much better now. From now on, I'll be sure to delete away any long conversation...
    tp2386 likes this.
    Global Posts
    737 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dki378 View Post
    Like someone else previously posted, the length of the messaging conversation plays a big role in the slow down of the messaging app. I deleted away an ongoing text conversation I've had for the last few weeks with my wife and started fresh and the speed it much better now. From now on, I'll be sure to delete away any long conversation...
    That was I. Not like I really wanted one, but I was expecting a thanks or two. Deleting conversations has always worked for me.
    Last edited by tp2386; 09/14/2011 at 08:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tp2386 View Post
    That was I. Not like I really wanted one, but I was expecting a thanks or two. Deleting conversations has always worked for me.
    You're right. I knew someone had posted it but was too lazy to go back and check. Thanks again for the tip!
    So now that I have a Pre3 and all my sms messages downloaded (eliminating the chance that clearing out old sms would speed it up) I notice there is no lag sending sms. I also noticed going back to the Pre+ after having sold the Pre2 that there was no lag on that as well. Somehow the 2 just won't let you do anything until the message is fully transmitted. Odd.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Yha. There is this lag. Deleting your messages helps tho but I rather not do that I had like 80k in texts on my pixi and it ran fine no lag
    Ahhh.. long conversations. That's probably why I notice this problem sometimes, and other times have no lag whatsoever.. the ones with the lag are probably the ones with long conversations.

I don't like deleting my text messages. I don't know why, but I like to keep all of them, forever. I wish there was a way to either disable conversation view, or else rename a conversation so that I can keep it on the phone while starting a new conversation with that contact.
    When HP went from webOS 1.x to 2.x they changed databases from SQLite to db8. As someone who develops database applications for a living, I'll take a wild guess and say they screwed up the implementation of SMS in db8. It works fine up to a certain volume of data and then starts to slow down.

Before anybody even asks: no, I can't fix it.
    So I wonder what they changed on the Pre3 because it does not have lag like the Pre2 does.

for what its worth-

I had no lag on my vzw pre plus when it was running 1.4.5.

when I metadoctored to 2.1 I hit all kinds of lag, including sms and emails.

when I changed devices to vzw pre 2, running the latest official webos 2.1, the lag issue has resolved.
    As a newly minted FrankenPre2 user I've just noticed this too. Has there been any further progress on a resolution?
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by howemi01 View Post
    As a newly minted FrankenPre2 user I've just noticed this too. Has there been any further progress on a resolution?
    I didn't think anyone has been working on this. I wish I could help, but I know nothing about how webOS works and I don't know much about Linux.
    Hopefully 2.2.4 fixes it for you Pre2 folk.

14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    Hopefully 2.2.4 fixes it for you Pre2 folk.

I installed 2.2.4 on my NA Pre 2 with the doctor and the issue seems to sill be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by friskies64 View Post
    I installed 2.2.4 on my NA Pre 2 with the doctor and the issue seems to sill be there.
    Yep

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    same issue for me on a verizon Pre 2, very annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadeybeep View Post
    Ahhh.. long conversations. That's probably why I notice this problem sometimes, and other times have no lag whatsoever.. the ones with the lag are probably the ones with long conversations.

I don't like deleting my text messages. I don't know why, but I like to keep all of them, forever. I wish there was a way to either disable conversation view, or else rename a conversation so that I can keep it on the phone while starting a new conversation with that contact.
    This is why I love Google Voice

I've had my Pre2 for about a week and a half, have about 40 messages on it. haven't noticed any speed problems. I imagine ya'all have hundreds to thousands of messages, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123