Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Getting same thing here too on uberkernel'd pre2... Hopefully we will see a fix soon?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I had a meta doctored overclocked VZW Pre+ before my Pre2 and I always noticed that the text sending was slow on the Pre+ but the Pre2 (official 2.1 w/ stock kernel) is much slower. It is a very annoying problem. The other annoying problem I have with the messaging app (not to deviate from the original topic) is that from time to time, it will not register any keyboard strokes until I go into card view first and then back into the messaging app... very annoying...
    Sooo it seems that I don't have this issue after re-reading the original post that states it takes five seconds for the sent message to show up. My sent message will show up immediately as grey, then after a few seconds turn black. I used to see that happen frequently on my Pre+ running 2.1 and assumed it was just the slowness.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Lowering the system voltage in Govnah worked for me. Sending/receiving isn't instant, but it is vastly improved. I should add that I'm running 2.1 on Uberkernal.
  5.    #25  
    I don't know if HP actually reads these, but you could say something about this issue here: Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA It's worth a try, I guess, since it takes less than a minute.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    the issue seems to become more and more pronounced the longer my conversation gets. if I delete a thread and then start a new one for a contact, the lag is non existent. after about 20 or so messages it becomes very noticeable.

I've taken to deleting threads more often than I used to just to spare myself the annoyance :/
    Quote Originally Posted by dki378 View Post
    I had a meta doctored overclocked VZW Pre+ before my Pre2 and I always noticed that the text sending was slow on the Pre+ but the Pre2 (official 2.1 w/ stock kernel) is much slower. It is a very annoying problem. The other annoying problem I have with the messaging app (not to deviate from the original topic) is that from time to time, it will not register any keyboard strokes until I go into card view first and then back into the messaging app... very annoying...
    Saaaaammmmeee problem... Very annoying. I've had some success with the slow sms sending with lowering the voltages. I use UK as well. Went from taking 8 seconds to 3 seconds to appear.

Edit: Changing the I/O scheduler also makes an impact. For me, the noop option brings it down to 2 to 2.5 seconds. CFG is second best followed by deadline then anticipatory (default). Make sure you install the unset scheduler patch for your setting to stick after reboot.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 09/07/2011 at 08:42 PM.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Hmm, maybe we need a way to automate deleting old messages? Would be interesting to have an option to say, limit a message history to x number of items.

Could it be done in a patch?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    The same thing is happening to me. I just didn't decide to research it until now. Whenever I send a text or I click on a received text in the notification area to open a new text, my phone locks up for a few seconds while the messaging app does whatever. Its very annoying.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like a solution has been found yet and I'd hate to have to mess with voltage levels if that does fix the problem.

I'm using a meta-doctored Verizon Pre 2 on Sprint.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by capt4chris View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like a solution has been found yet and I'd hate to have to mess with voltage levels if that does fix the problem.
    Same here. This issue gets really annoying.
    It appears my patch has helped to fix this issue

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3146266
    Gonna try this patch right now

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    working good for me THANKS!
    No reason this patch should fix this. I have it installed and it didn't fix it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  15.    #35  
    I just installed it and it didn't seem to change anything on my phone at all.
    Thank you for the patch but it made no difference.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums
    Why would a patch meant to make touch sensitivity and scrolling smoother affect the messaging app? Lowering my voltage and deleting older texts helped speed mine up.
    System or CPU voltage?
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Thanks for the patch but no dice here as well...
    My stock fire sale 2.1 OTA'd VZW Pre 2 doesn't have the issue. My profile came from a 2.1 doc'd Pre+.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast