Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Here is an interesting issue that appears to be software related.

I just assembled my Franken Pre 2 yesterday, and the issue is that when I remove a 3.5 mm jack from the port, all media sound immediately stops working, and my volume rocker ceases to do anything. I have done the interactive tests and both the Volume rocker and headset jack are functioning properly. Plugging the jack back in does nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, rebooting does fix the problem, but not permanently. It returns immediately after I remove a headphone jack again.
    I had to disable the voice dial app and it's been working ever since.
    How To Remove VoiceDial - WebOS Internals

I used an older version of webOS QI with the command line. Just copy the command under "Disable System Service" from the wiki, leave off the # (took me a while to figure that out) paste it into the command line and press enter. Close the command line, disconnect the phone and restart it.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    That worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the help. I ran the command from quick install (after discovering that the terminal app I used to use was missing from Preware), rebooted from the terminal and everything worked perfectly! Is there anything a terminal command can't fix? ISSUE SOLVED.