1.    #1  
    I've had my Pre 2 for a few weeks now and I'm loving the extra speed.

However, I have noticed that I'm experiencing phone reception dead areas in my home, and in the two places I hang out in weekends - which is a bit damaging to my social life. My Pre plus had no such problems, only lack of 3G services in some places.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? I'm on O2 UK.
  2. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyBoy View Post
    I've had my Pre 2 for a few weeks now and I'm loving the extra speed.

However, I have noticed that I'm experiencing phone reception dead areas in my home, and in the two places I hang out in weekends - which is a bit damaging to my social life. My Pre plus had no such problems, only lack of 3G services in some places.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? I'm on O2 UK.
    Forget about the reception for the moment.
    Tell us more about these places.
    remember that the only metric that matters is what is shown when on the phone or working the 3G radio.

in my case, the actual signal strength between my plus and my pre2 is the same. As far as I know they use the same radio.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    Forget about the reception for the moment.
    Tell us more about these places.
    They're just pubs! lol
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    remember that the only metric that matters is what is shown when on the phone or working the 3G radio.

in my case, the actual signal strength between my plus and my pre2 is the same. As far as I know they use the same radio.
    I'm just finding that when I walk into certain rooms in my house, or either of the pubs I go to I just lose all connections. Immediately I leave the areas all connectivity returns. Fortunately one of the pubs has wifi, so i don't get completely disconnected, but when I leave or walk outside I'm finding I get voicemails coming through for phonecalls I never had.

I'd understand if I'd had similar problems with the pre plus, but that had strong signals in all these places, though a very weak 3G signal in one of the pubs.
    My pre- signal is pretty much the same as my pre2,full bars when you don't need them and none when you do.
    I think it may just be 02.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    On my Pre 2 when you set it to 2G only I get full bars pretty much everywhere. When set to Auto it hovers around the 2 bar mark.

Always seems to work ok though.
    I also can confirm that my Pre2 radio seems to be weaker than my Pre
    I just swapped my pre minus for a pre 2 and am experiencing the same thing - there are a few spots where I used to get reception on my pre minus but not my pre 2. Im definitely loving the extra speed, though!