1.    #1  
    Hello,

I recently upgraded from the Pixi Plus to the Pre 2 on Verizon.

I had tested some other phones, but nothing compares to WebOs...

I activated the phone and expected to have Skype Mobile already programmed in the phone. It was not. Then I went to the skype site and it directed me to skype.com/m. I went to that site via my phone and it said that Skype Mobile is not available for my phone...

Am I missing something? Any tips?

Thanks in advance!
    goto the phone app, from the menu there should be a preferences and accounts menu. Log into Skype there, Skype calling is integrated into the phone while Skype IM is integrated into the messaging app.
  3.    #3  
    Awesome, I'm an *****.
    Thanks!
  4. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by intellidryad View Post
    goto the phone app, from the menu there should be a preferences and accounts menu. Log into Skype there, Skype calling is integrated into the phone while Skype IM is integrated into the messaging app.
    I have an unlocked GSM Pre 2 in the UK and there is no Skype option.
    Is there a way to add it?
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    I have an unlocked GSM Pre 2 in the UK and there is no Skype option.
    Is there a way to add it?
    unfortunately, no. In US, VERIZON he it integrated but elsewhere it was not included. Now with Skype buyout by Microsoft I doubt there will be an option unless HP adds it itself. It is already integrated in webOS 3.0 so the hope was it would be added to the phones when they get upgraded to webOS 3.0 but that plan is in jeopardy now.
  6. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    unfortunately, no. In US, VERIZON he it integrated but elsewhere it was not included. Now with Skype buyout by Microsoft I doubt there will be an option unless HP adds it itself. It is already integrated in webOS 3.0 so the hope was it would be added to the phones when they get upgraded to webOS 3.0 but that plan is in jeopardy now.
    Is there a way to install it?
    Patch perhaps.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    To get Skype to show up in my phone app I had to sign in to Skype first through the messaging app. Open Messaging, select preferences and accounts from the menu. Add skype and sign in. After doing that Skype appeared in my phone app.