Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dacunto
  • 1 Post By hf199
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    What a great OS. Loving my phone. I sure hope someone keeps the developement of the OS alive. And devs, keep the apps coming.
    hf199 and sepherous like this.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Congrats. I just got mine today too. It took quite a while for all the accounts to sync up but it was worth the wait.
    Just curious, when and where did you order the phone? I ordered mine about 10 days ago and it's only JUST shipped...
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I also got mine today and switched from a Pixi Plus -- what a night and day difference.

I was also told that I keep my unlimited data plan. Now I just need to get FreeTether for a WIFI hotspot.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Just curious, when and where did you order the phone? I ordered mine about 10 days ago and it's only JUST shipped...
    I cant answer for everyone but I bought mine through Verizon. The CSR told me they have about 8000 in stock.
    I'm just so excited, my Pre2 was delivered today!!!! I'm stuck here at work for another hour and a half.. I want to go home right now and play with it!!!
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I ordered mine on Ebay. $175 w/touch stone
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    i love mine
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I received mine yesterday and I really like it. Very slick phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    I cant answer for everyone but I bought mine through Verizon. The CSR told me they have about 8000 in stock.
    What did you pay through Verizon? I'm only seeing $50 with a contract renewal (I'm not eligible) or $399 month to month...
    I think I ordered from eBay about 2 weeks too early. I paid $325!
    I paid 165 without a touchstone
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    can you guys tell me what case/cover you use for the pre 2 ?
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Just ordered mine from ebay for 149 with free shipping. Not worth the search to save a few bucks anymore. I really hope my experience is as good as yours. The touchpad talked me into it. My experience with the palm pixi was a disaster. Flickering screen and broken mute button. The build quality on that was horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by arnott View Post
    Zagg invisibleSHIELD carried in Palm leather side case
    Last edited by determinedd; 09/02/2011 at 09:59 AM.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Global Posts
    718 Global Posts
    It's awesome! Exhibition on the stone is great! Take that I-phone and Android!
    Mr Hyde likes this.
    Ok, so far I really love this phone! It is so much faster than the pixi, and webos 2.x seems to be quite nice.

Only 2 problems at this point.. both I can live with, as it is very unlikely Palm could send me a replacement anyway:

1) There is a buzz when I charge on Touchstone. I might have to buy a new back for it, since I don't have the technical expertise to modify it on my own.

2) There seems to be something wrong with the backlight behind the keyboard. It's bright in the top center, and gets progressively dimmer as it moves outward. When I press on the brightest spot, the entire keypad backlight dims while I'm pressing.

Everything else works fine.

Slight design issue, the phone is a bit thicker than I'm used to and it doesn't fit in my pocket quite as nicely as the pixi did. Also, the keyboard on the pixi was more responsive and "clicky" which made typing on it a lot easier. The heavier phone and slide-out keyboard make my hands feel tired faster when I'm typing. I'll learn to live with this, though. The positives of this phone far outweigh the negatives!

I just found a post which explained how to get mediamonkey to sync playlists properly (had to download a test build and add a few lines of text to two .ini files), so I'm very happy about this. Since Media Sync mode is disabled in webos 2.x, I was using itunes with salling media sync to get playlists on the device, but I really hate itunes, and I didn't like having to use 2 different programs. Salling media sync charges if you want it to only upload changes (rather than every single track every time), and it was having issues uploading an entire playlist from itunes, it was only uploading the most recent additions to the playlists. Grr. Mediamonkey is my program of choice for all music related things, so I'm very happy that I can use it again with full playlist functionality. Of course, it IS a test build, so there might be bugs, but so far I haven't encountered any. I can post the link to that other post if anyone wants it.. I'd just have to find it again.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schro View Post
    What did you pay through Verizon? I'm only seeing $50 with a contract renewal (I'm not eligible) or $399 month to month...
    I paid about $45 with my contract renewal. I have no problems renewing my contract with Verizon. It's the most reliable cell provider in my area.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arnott View Post
    I dont use any. The gorrila glass screen should prevent it from getting scratched so I just toss it in my pocket.