1. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I have a launch day Pre and purchased an unlocked Pre 2 from HP for $49. Anyone in the Chicago land area willing to help me switch the boards out?

Thanks,
    Tom
    I'd be willing to do it for free, but I feel sketchy just saying it. You would have to ship it and theres that whole thing about trust and what if's.

Just an option if my post count and thank count mean anything. I just like taking them apart, doctoring, and helping.

Msg me if you dont find anyone. You could always hire the services of WebOS World who are trustworthy but they cost money.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    If you're coming near La Crosse, WI anytime soon I can help you out.
    TJB, I live in Evanston and made a FrankenPre just this last weekend.
    Can I use the youtube video "Palm Pre Plus on Sprint Conversion: Com Board Swap" found here:

as a guide to swap my pre plus comm board to a pre2? Also what's the guy talking about with the tokens?

sorry for thread jacking.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Refer to this: Step by Step Sprint Pre 2 Conversion Guide | Advanced, Buzz, Featured, Homebrew, Learn |webOSroundup

That video should work too since the internals for Pre-, Pre+, and Pre2 are nearly identical.
    nevermind, I couldn't wait, that video did work and it was even easier than it looked. It's downloading my apps as I speak and now the only question is will all my apps still work and will my free mobile hotspot work. I'll let you guys now in a day or two how it goes.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    nevermind, I couldn't wait, that video did work and it was even easier than it looked. It's downloading my apps as I speak and now the only question is will all my apps still work and will my free mobile hotspot work. I'll let you guys now in a day or two how it goes.
    If not just grab FreeTether from Preware.
    Freetether is iffy. I can't get Freetether to work on my Pre2 to Touchpad connection. Thats for another thread though.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Freetether is iffy. I can't get Freetether to work on my Pre2 to Touchpad connection. Thats for another thread though.
    Try setting a static IP on the TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Readonly View Post
    Try setting a static IP on the TouchPad.
    It connects fine. It just has speeds that make dialup look fast.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  12. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Was in the Dells last weekend!! Darn
  13. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eberon View Post
    TJB, I live in Evanston and made a FrankenPre just this last weekend.
    Would you be willing to help me one evening? How long does it take?

Tom
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    If you send it to someone to do, you will be without a phone. Because you need to h ave the Sprint Pre activated and working before you do the swap. If you do the swap without activating the Sprint Pre, you will have to undo the whole process, call to activate, and start again.
    Devices
    -Sprint Pre & FrankenPre 2
    -AT&T Pre3 4G
    Accessories
    -5 Touchstones for phones & Touchpad