Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    So I totally gave up on waiting for the Pre 3 and then struggled for a few weeks trying to decide if I wanted to go with the Pre 2, or just keep my Pre Plus till it died then go with something else when that time came.

Well I decided I loved webOS too much so I bought myself a new Verizon Pre 2. with the current discounts and such it cost me about $45. it shoudl be here in a few days. I know I'll lose my free hot spot when I activate the Pre 2 so I'll need someone to fill me in on free tether.

thanks and wish me luck.
    You won't regret it.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Love my Pre2 (also had a pre plus).

I have found one problem though. The update replaced that beautiful "Palm" logo with the ugly "HP" one. Found a solution: Run the DarkGlass2.0 Theme via Preware! Now that ugly HP is only on-screen until the Palm logo replaces it during the boot-up phase!

Yeah!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Did the same and received my Pre 2 today. It's a beautiful thing that you login to your palm profile and it brings all of your apps over. Old touchstone works fine and now with VZ, I get a better signal in my office. Costs more per month, but you know what they say...

This weekend I'll have to install patches to speed it up. Anyone know what patches I should put on my Pre 2? I installed a bunch on my Touch Pad and it now runs like magic.
    Palm III>Palm IIIC>Treo 650>Treo 750>Palm Pre>TouchPad & Pre 2 Galaxy S4 & iPad 4 32GB
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    So I totally gave up on waiting for the Pre 3 and then struggled for a few weeks trying to decide if I wanted to go with the Pre 2, or just keep my Pre Plus till it died then go with something else when that time came.

Well I decided I loved webOS too much so I bought myself a new Verizon Pre 2. with the current discounts and such it cost me about $45. it shoudl be here in a few days. I know I'll lose my free hot spot when I activate the Pre 2 so I'll need someone to fill me in on free tether.

thanks and wish me luck.
    I did the same thing. Just became too frustrating and too expensive for the pre 3. Mine will arrive later in the week! Able to get a car charger, and touchstone dock included in a bundle. All three for $136.99 on eBay. BTW, mine is an unlocked GSM device. Enjoy it.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for the tips and encouragement.

I do have a question for those that have an unlocked Pre 2. Can the unlocked one be used on Verizon? or are you stuck using it on ATT?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have played with the pre 2 a few times and I just can't make myself pull the trigger. I have fat fingers and it is a lot like the BB 9650 keyboard in that it feels cramped. That was one reason I was looking forward to the pre 3.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    Thanks everyone for the tips and encouragement.

I do have a question for those that have an unlocked Pre 2. Can the unlocked one be used on Verizon? or are you stuck using it on ATT?
    If you have a VZW Pre+ you should be able to swap the com board and have a VZW FrankenPre2, essentially the same procedure to make a Sprint FrankenPre2.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    Quote Originally Posted by myrv View Post
    I have played with the pre 2 a few times and I just can't make myself pull the trigger. I have fat fingers and it is a lot like the BB 9650 keyboard in that it feels cramped. That was one reason I was looking forward to the pre 3.
    Pre 3 has the same dimensions for the keyboard if I recall correctly.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Well My Pre 2 arrived today one day early. I'm pretty excited about it. This device just feels more solid than the Pre +. The glass screen is really nice. My Pre + was suffering from some fairly nasty pocket scratches.

I'll run this thing stock for a few days to get a feel for it and then I'll give Preware a go. I had my Pre + patched up pretty nicely so I'd really like to get the Pre 2 patched as close as possible.
    I did the same. I am a launch day Sprint Pre minus owner, and when it became apparent that the Pre3 wasn't going happening, I ordered the Pre2 from Verizon. It is supposed to arrive today. It will be the first time I have laid my hands on a Pre 2. My Pre minus was falling apart, and I really wanted an upgraded phone -- so it was either switch operating systems or switch carriers. WebOS won out.
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    You need to patch a Pre 2 to make it faster? How much faster do you need it?

I did a sneaky trick with mine. I was too cheap to buy some screen protectors (maybe not needed with the decent glass front) so I just got a Stanley knife and gently cut the pull off tab from the screen's shipping protector. Works a treat and still firmly attached after a month.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have had my Verizon Pre2 for a few weeks now and find it to be a nice upgrade from the 6 Pre+s I had previously. I do miss the patches allowing 4x4 icons But overall, it works very well. I have noticed similar calendar issues with it and my TouchPad, but they seem to work out over time. One thing I have noticed about the glass screen is that it tends to get more fingerprinted than my Pre+ and this has possibly created a problem with the screen blinking on and off while I'm on the phone. I guess you just need to keep it clean. Enjoy your new Pre2.
    OBTW. Got mine online at Verizon for $4.99 and added a touchstone for $3.75
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I ordered a Palm Pre 2 off of ebay and it is waiting at home on my doorstep for me today. I have never owned a Palm product, but WebOs has made a big impression on me with my new Touchpad. I am excited to use it as I am very tired of my BlackBerry Bold 9700.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I have had my brand new Pre 2 for a total of about 3 hours now. It set up pretty easily for the most part. I forgot how much of a pain in the **** it was to resync all my accounts. It took the better part of two hours to finish syncing my FB account data and contacts.

I'm missing some apps but I guess that's because they are not 2.x compatible. But on the plus side, I got some new apps that synced over that I had previously downloaded on the touchpad. That was pretty cool. Now the phone is downloading the 2.1 update.

I really like the feel of this phone. I wish it was a tad larger (pre 3 ish) but since that seems not to be happening now i'll make due with this. After the OTA update I have a bit of exploring to do. I already found that I can add launcher pages. That totally rocks since that was one of the patches I had on the Pre Plus. But someone above posted you cant do 4x4 icons? that's a bummer.... oh well.

I had the Pre Plus overclocked but so far is seems that this is not really necessary on the Pre 2. I am going to have to find out about free tether since I lost my free hotspot.
    I ordered my pre 2 today after talking to VZW and they told me that the pre 3 was not in the line up of soon to be released phones. But I have used my pre + for since it came to Verizon then with all of the goings on with not getting the 2.x update and all the other broken promises I went to the iphone 4 and I can't stand it. Love me some webOS! Since I have had my touchpad since day 1 I have had that need for some serious multitasking that you just don't get from an iphone. Oh and I have reactivated my pre plus until my pre 2 gets her on or around the 7th. 1 more thing have you noticed that it is near impossible to purchase anything webOS since the TouchPad firesale. Even our legacy devices are worth a small fortune now. I wonder how those critics and bloggers feel now. Palm Forever!!!