Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ogloco21
  1.    #1  
    Hi, My pre minus is almost dead and I want to do a Franken Pre. Whats a good price for a New Pre 2 from Verizon? Im seeing around $150 on ebay. Should I pull the trigger or wait? thanks
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    Hi, My pre minus is almost dead and I want to do a Franken Pre. Whats a good price for a New Pre 2 from Verizon? Im seeing around $150 on ebay. Should I pull the trigger or wait? thanks
    well I won't say go for it cause right after u buy it and find a cheaper price you will hate me but consider this...Pre2 stock is running low and price is now $99 on HP's website but currently out of stock..will they get more? No one knows for sure. I see many GSM Pre2's (also frankenpreable) on ebay starting bid at $99. I wouldn't wait much longer, $150 is still a great deal.

Good Luck
    I logged into My Verizon last week, I was due for an upgrade. I got the Pre2 for $50.00 plus free shipping and did not have to change my data plan either.
  4.    #4  
    i pulled the trigger for $150 for a hp pre 2, car charger, executive leather case, and touchstone charger. all new hp products... frankenpre here i come...
    NXD10 likes this.
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloco21 View Post
    i pulled the trigger for $150 for a hp pre 2, car charger, executive leather case, and touchstone charger. all new hp products... frankenpre here i come...
    all that for 150? nice deal
    I'm waiting for my pre2 as well, I was going to 'Sprintify' it but since my contract expired with Sprint(in June) I decided to use an AT&T prepaid plan. I really didn't want to tear apart my new phone and it will be cheaper. Plus I won't be locked into any carrier for the next 2 years. I can wait and see where/when the next webOS device lands
    Was due for an upgrade from Verizon...logged into my account, and for a new contract, the Pre 2 was available for $4.99. Probably a bad choice, but I went ahead and upgraded from my Pre+ since I'm loving my TP and WebOS!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    You didn't have to change your data plan to upgrade from a plus to a Pre 2???? Did you lose your free hotspot?

To bcelliott: I got a new preplus a few months ago on warranty and they are so pretty when new. If you get tired of it, you can always get a used pre2 (or something else) on ebay.

To Jimohara: I have an update coming in three weeks and I'd like to stick with WebOS. The now-defunct pre3 was the perfect phone for me (I need a global phone that skypes). I was unwillingly going to go with android but I wasn't moving ANYWHERE if it would mean $20 more a month for limited bandwidth.

If I can go up to a pre2 and stick with my plan it would be SO worth it.
    I was able to keep my plan--unlimited data--but I lost mobile hotspot. No big deal in my mind since freetether works well with the TP anyway.