Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By donniebaseball23
  1.    #1  
    Hi, bought my first WebOS phone from HP's $50 fire sale. I have an unlocked Pre 2 using T-mobile.

Love the phone, but I'm missing text message because the alert is so quiet. I have poor hearing. Can this be changed? Can the alert itself be changed?

Thanks!
    Hi, no there is still no way (not that I have found anyway) to change the alert

All you can do is set it to sounds & vibrate, maybe that will help?
    Last edited by leobloom; 08/29/2011 at 06:10 PM.
    I have a Pre Plus, and the way I change the volume/alert is to open the text app, click on "Messaging" in the left hand corner, click on "Preferences & Accounts," and then for "NEW MESSAGE" click on "ALERT," and then I select the tone I wanted (I loaded a few different tones on myself, so I picked "Ringtone," which then opened up another option to pick which specific ring tone I use).

The volume level is controlled in the "Sounds & Ringtones" app, with levels for both System Sounds and Ringtone Volume.

Of course, this is with my Pre Plus- are these options not available to the Pre 2? I was thinking about getting a Pre 2 (since no Pre 3...), but obviously if I can't customize my text alert (like I can with the Plus), it's reason to not blow $150... Can anyone confirm if this is actually the case?
    leobloom likes this.
    You know this may sound dumb but I never checked that option lol So you CAN change the alert to a RINGTONE so hopefully the OP can put a loud ringtone in and use that instead of the alert
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatohead View Post
    Hi, bought my first WebOS phone from HP's $50 fire sale. I have an unlocked Pre 2 using T-mobile.

Love the phone, but I'm missing text message because the alert is so quiet. I have poor hearing. Can this be changed? Can the alert itself be changed?

Thanks!
    Go to the Settings page. Under Sounds & Ringtones, slide the Volume slider under System Sounds.