1.    #1  
    Interesting thing I noticed when upgrading from my Pre Plus to Pre 2...my lock screen notifications minimize instead of staying open....I blelive this happens when in exhibition mode only...but since you cant really turn exhibition mode off, its a real bummer.

So basically I want my pre 2 to show full notifications when sitting on my touchstone so when I wake up I can glance at my Pre 2 and see them without touching the phone.

Anyone? Am I missing something?
    Same here. I went looking for an option as I thought this might be a privacy feature, but no luck.
    Is there a homebrew patch to restore this to the old style of notification?
    It does do this does it not? I know from my experience with my pre2 that when it is charging with exhibition mode on it will have the notifications minimized, but if you tap them then it shows the notifications, and if i am not mistaken as long as you don't tap out of the notification then it will continue to show the upcoming events as notifications without minimizing them
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    It does do this does it not? I know from my experience with my pre2 that when it is charging with exhibition mode on it will have the notifications minimized, but if you tap them then it shows the notifications, and if i am not mistaken as long as you don't tap out of the notification then it will continue to show the upcoming events as notifications without minimizing them
    With the old system notifications came up not minimized.

This worked for me as I could glance across the room and see if there were any new ones. If I have to open the first one and leave it open for them to stack instead of dismissing them this no longer applies.

I understand this could be a privacy issue for some all I want is the option to go back to the original way they were handled.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krab19 View Post
    It will indeed maximize when you tab them in exhibition and it will stay that way ... but that resets the second you take up your phone....so next time i dock the phone the notifications are minimized again....i want it to always be maximized always in exhibition....like the old way.
    Just moved from Pre+ to Pre 2. I would also like to have my notifications maximized while on the touchstone.

I also noticed that the battery icon is shown when on the Touchstone exhibition mode instead of the percentile even though I have the "Battery Percent as Icon" patch installed. The percentile does show when the Pre 2's screen is on.
    This has been driving me INSANE on my Veer, as I can't always see my notifications when on the TS at work from the glare of the lighting in my office. Would love to see someone figure out a work around on this.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    This was something I actually liked with the upgrade to 2.1. It is better for privacy. No one can read your messages or anything while walking by. But understandably, people are different and have there own preferences which is why I too think there should be an option.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I perfer it the 2.1 way. but a option would be nice for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    This was something I actually liked with the upgrade to 2.1. It is better for privacy. No one can read your messages or anything while walking by. But understandably, people are different and have there own preferences which is why I too think there should be an option.
    Its a double edged sword for me, nice that the notifications don't stay up on the screen for all to read, but then I am away from my desk or someone comes to ask me a question often, but don't always take the phone. I go back to what I am doing and forget or don't see I had a notification an hour ago.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Email and Text Message notification is handled differently on the Pre3 with webOS 2.2.x. It is now a cross between how notifications were on webOS 1.x.x and webOS 2.1.x. The notification gets reduced to an icon at first, but of you touch the icon with the phone still on the touchstone, then the notifications display like they used to prior to webOS 2.0.0. I really did not like the way webOS 2.1.0 handled notifications and therefore I find the webOS 2.2.x implementation much, much better.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad